At SiteMinder we believe the individual contributions of our employees are what drive our success. That’s why we hire and encourage diverse teams that include and respect a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their unique selves to work and be proud of doing so. It’s in our differences that we will keep revolutionising the way for our customers. We are better together!
What We Do…
We’re people who love technology but know that hoteliers just want things to be simple. So since 2006 we’ve been constantly innovating our world-leading hotel commerce platform to help accommodation owners find and book more guests online - quickly and simply.
We’ve helped everyone from boutique hotels to big chains, enabling travellers to book igloos, cabins, castles, holiday parks, campsites, pubs, resorts, Airbnbs, and everything in between.
And today, we’re the world’s leading open hotel commerce platform, supporting 39,000 hotels in 150 countries - with over 100 million reservations processed by SiteMinder’s technology every year.
About the Senior Data Engineer role...
The Enterprise Data Management and Analytics (EDMA) team at Siteminder is the central BI and Analytics team catering to all analytical needs across the company. This profile would play an important role as part of the core data engineering and Ops team which is part of the EDMA.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of the core data engineering team responsible for entire BI infrastructure.
People who are successful in this role...
- Will have 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role with at least 1 complete cloud implementation project experience.
- You should have experience in developing Enterprise data architecture using the latest Big Data technologies preferably Open Source
- You should have experience of solution development using Kinesis, Kafka or similar alternatives to handle streaming data sets in at least 1 project (Must have)
- You should have very good hands-on experience of working within AWS data services such as Glue, EMR, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena, Aurora, etc.
- You should have experience of designing complex workflows on workflow management tools like Airflow, AWS Data pipeline, etc.
- It would be great if you have experience of developing customized integration layer in Python through REST and SOAP API’s architectures
- You must have strong technical abilities to understand, design, write and debug complex code in Python, Spark and SQL is a must
- Experience of Tableau server management and optimization on Cloud server would be a great advantage
- Good understanding of data architecture related services on AWS and Snowflake would be a great advantage
- You should have good data analysis skills using SQL or Python
- You should be able to work under minimal supervision and leverage your knowledge, experience, and judgment to accomplish well-defined goals
- This role demands meticulous communication and documentation skills. Should be able to discuss projects with remotely located managers and work well in in-person and remote team situations
This job is all about...
- Build core data architecture components from scratch as part of enterprise data architecture enhancements
- Analyze and optimize the existing Data architecture using best practices
- Identify, analyze and integrate various data source systems being used across organization
- Ensure existing data architecture works optimally and undertake regular maintenance tasks
Our Perks & Benefits…
- Equity packages for you to be a part of the SiteMinder journey
- Hybrid working model (in-office & from home) / Fully remote
- Mental health and well-being initiatives
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Paid birthday, study and volunteering leave every year
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to help you connect and get involved
- Investment in your personal growth offering training for your advancement
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
#LI-Remote OR #LI-Hybrid