SIGNA Sports United (SSU) has built the global #1 sports e-commerce & technology platform with market leading positions in Bike, Tennis, Outdoor & Team Sports. We are leveraging our unique tech and operating platform to power our leading online shops like Fahrrad.de, Bikester, Probikeshop, Tennis-Point, Outfitter, and many more, and to provide solutions to industry partners, including end-to-end e-commerce as-a-service solutions for brands and federations, connecting and enabling offline specialist retailers and integrating with digital sports communities.
We recently announced to go public through a business combination agreement with Yucaipa Acquisition Corporation (NYSE: YAC). The combination also includes the acquisition of the WiggleCRC Group, one of the largest online bike retailers globally, currently owned by Bridgepoint.
The combined entity will become the largest pure-play sports e-commerce and technology platform company by revenue, with expected net revenues of approximately $1.6 billion in the financial year ending on September 30, 2021, serving over 7 million active customers, 1,000+ brand partners, 500+ connected retail stores, and more than 15 million sports community users globally.
As a DataOps engineer in the SSU, you are responsible for leveraging and preparing data infrastructure for any analytical and functional purpose, i.e. standard business reports, real-time IoT or the business process automation are only some prominent examples for your work areas.
The architecture and infrastructure managed and maintained by you will support our data scientists, business and data analysts as well as product developers. Big data is your daily business. Since you enjoy data wrangling, building pipelines and are a creative person you have the great opportunity to realize your ideas of how to design and configure modern pipelines and dataflows and actively involve into engineering and design processes as well. You enjoy self-managed and self-directed work as well as presenting your results in a team to managing as well as operational levels. Organizationally, you will be part of the team which is responsible to define, leverage and maintain a future-proof data infrastructure of the group-wide organization using state-of-the-art technologies as well as developing tailored solutions.
- Leverage data infrastructure and systems to every tech function group-wide
- Develop and maintain high-end data pipelines end-to-end
- Develop and provide proper interfaces and APIs
- Design tech processes in collaboration with DevOps and Network Engineers
- Migrate and consolidate data warehouse and be actively part of benchmarking systems
- Monitor and improve data quality pro-actively in-line with the applications of business use cases
- Identify automation potential within the provisioning process. Design and re-design data architecture to create a scalable and flexible tech-stack which satisfies the customer needs
- Challenges the status-quo and provides new solutions as well as insights to business process flows.
- Ensure system and data security across all our data sources with an AWS-centric approach
- Work in expert as well as cross-functional teams and challenge yourself and others
- Build analytical tools to test and maintain quality of the data pipelines to achieve great usability, customer acquisition as well as operational efficiency
- The DataOps engineer contributes directly to the setup of a group-wide high-performance lightweight data infrastructure
- Profound knowledge of a variety of databases with advanced skills in SQL and related methodologies in relational and non-relational databases.
- Demonstrated experience in deploying technical IT resources on cloud service platforms such as AWS or Google
- Profound knowledge on network architecture and the design of scalable permission schemas
- BSc/MSc in computer sciences, mathematics, natural sciences or similar
- 3+ years' experience working on CI/CD deployments of Tech resources
- Hands-on mentality and the ability to translate requirements into action
- Outstanding analytics skills: identify root causes at their true core as well as a strong comprehension towards business fields in order to meet the customer needs
- Profound knowledge in data integration solutions as well as methodologies
- Very beneficial skills are:
- Experience in AWS services like EC2, S3, ECS, Kinesis, Lamba, etc.
- Experience in workflow tools as well as the deployment of the pipelines
- Strong skills in project management and communication as well as the ability to understand organizational relations
- Passion for Sports and Tech is very welcome!
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds, perspectives and skills to apply.
Objectives for the first 6 months:
Create and move from the first day! We are migrating existing data integration pipelines into state-of-the-art solutions and have already established a lean target portfolio. Within the first six months, you will learn to focus on the execution of the SSU data strategy. You will continuously design, challenge and discuss the architecture in a team, establish network integrations and grow our data mesh with a central data lake as the core of what is driving the SSU in the future.