Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of eCommerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US$5 billion of eCommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Our customers sell on Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, eBay, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and many other platforms. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology that is beautiful, easy to use, and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented, and great people together – you can do great things.
Our team is fully remote, the company has always been remote. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack and put a strong emphasis on asynchronous work so people have large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus and do deep work.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You are very comfortable with Python.
- You are experienced with various data storage and processing systems (relational databases, data warehouses, data lakes and distributed processing systems), including operational optimization (e.g. indexes, query tuning)
- You have a solid understanding of stream processing and/or CDC workloads.
- You have experience in planning, provisioning, scaling and maintaining reliable data processing systems in AWS or GCP.
- You can write and run ETL jobs using Airflow or some other solution.
- You are aware of the tradeoffs between different data storage and data processing solutions and can communicate these clearly to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You are always eager to learn more and love to try out new solutions on your own.
- Experience with the AWS data ecosystem is highly appreciated (Amazon Aurora MySQL, DocumentDB/MongoDB, OpenSearch/ElasticSearch, Redshift, Glue/Spark, MSK/Kafka, Debezium, S3/Apache Hudi, MWAA/Airflow)
- Improve and extend ShipHero’s existing data infrastructure.
- Improve the performance of reports, listings and searches.
- Work with ETL and streaming solutions.
- Review features and requirements, design and implement solutions together with our data engineers, data scientists, developers and designers.
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to identify and remediate current and future data infrastructure performance or reliability issues.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & Christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn