We are SGS – the world's leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 99,600 employees operate a network of 2,60****0 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Our Digital Builders Organization is an internal team supporting the entire SGS business. Its objective is to drive new IT solutions based on SGS Business Units needs and requests, allowing the company to optimize its processes, improve its results and generate value for its clients. These IT solutions are developed through a key work methodology based on an agile approach, hybrid teams and short time to market.
As Data & BI Engineer, you have hands-on experience in developing and maintaining data solutions (back and front end) using Azure Data Platform and Power BI oriented to data management and analytics; you have a strong technical knowledge oriented to Business Intelligence (BI), Streaming and Big Data; you also have a global view of the end-to-end and you are capable of take ownership of the design, implementation and testing activities assigned to you while collaborating effectively with other SGS organization colleagues..
The Data & BI Engineer will be a key member of the NextGen Data Intelligence Team and will contribute to ensure the delivery of data and analytics products according to the SGS NextGen Data roadmap
More Specifically, You Will:
· Implement data and BI solutions (pipelines, data marts, reporting and visualization) aligned with SGS data governance, standards, and best practices;
· Apply Agile methodologies;
· Develop and maintenance (evolutive, corrective and adaptative) of data and business intelligence projects as data warehouses or data marts;
· Apply CI/CD approach to streamline the development workflow;
· Ownership of the activities you will be involved;
· Stay up to date with latest data trends by attending events and taking relevant training;
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the SGS Data & BI Framework;
· + 4 years of professional experience delivering cloud and hybrid (on-premises + cloud) data, business intelligence and big data solutions in Azure;
· Extensive experience in data modeling with a special focus on dimensional modeling and OLAP engines;
· Deep knowledge of several of the following Azure data services like Data Factory, Synapse, Azure SQL Database, Power BI, Event Hub, Azure Functions, Databricks, Analysis Services, Fabric awareness and relevant tools similar to these ones;
· CI/CD through Azure DevOps/ GitHub and Visual Studio;
· Ability to write clear an well structured technical documentation;
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
· Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English (must) and Spanish.
- Global and very stable company, world leader in the TIC (Testing, Inspection and Certification) industry.
- Flexible schedule and hybrid model.
- SGS university and Campus for continuos learning options.
- Multinational environment where you will work with colleagues from multiple continents.
- Benefits platform.
Join Us: At SGS we believe in innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement. As the Cloud Services Manager, you will have the opportunity to shape our network services, drive impactful projects, and be an integral part of a dynamic team that sets the benchmark for excellence in the IT industry. We offer a supportive and inclusive work environment that encourages professional growth and personal development.