Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose mission is to financially empower young consumers. Our payment platform increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales for the hundreds of merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle is currently seeking a Product Data Analyst to enhance business outcomes through analytics. In collaboration with business team leaders, you'll contribute to the formulation of monitoring metrics and performance objectives. Your responsibilities will include writing SQL queries, generating charts, and developing dashboards. While your primary work will be with the Product team, there may be instances where you support initiatives across various departments such as Engineering, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Support, Legal, or People Operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with business teams to understand their priorities and analytics needs
- Create sophisticated analyses and reporting to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies and empower data-informed decision-making
- Visualize and articulate analytics results to make it easy for stakeholders to interpret and take actions
- Help stakeholders identify new opportunities through data analysis
- Create, monitor, review, and analyze reports and dashboards, take initiative to fix issues that arise and conduct root cause analyses
- Degree in statistics, math, actuarial science, economics, data science, computer science or related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience working with data, which can include: complex dataset creation, reporting, profiling, and machine learning
- Expert in using SQL to extract data and create actionable data sets
- Experience with Python for data processing and analytics
- Ability to complete analyses with minimal guidance
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Redash, Tableau, Looker or Power BI
- Comfortable making impactful decisions in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, able to pivot quickly to new priorities
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong business judgment and communication skills
- Fluent in English
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience optimizing operational and financial performance
- Experience in payments, financial services, banking, fintech, BNPL The Tech You’ll Work With:
- Redshift, PostgreSQL
- Data build tool (dbt)
- AWS, G Suite, Mac
- Online assessment
- Conversation with our recruiter.
- SQL interview with Coderpad. Share your SQL knowledge.
- Verbal case study interview. Share how you approach new problems. A “How would you…” conversation.
- Verbal behavioral interview. Share your problem-solving experience. A “Tell me about a time when you…” conversation.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. There is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life is too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.