Software Machine Learning Engineer
Sep 03, 2023
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
About the team:
The AI Search team at ServiceNow is responsible for developing the search engine deployed as part of the ServiceNow platform. As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer on the AI Search team, you will play a critical role in the product’s AI architecture and roadmap. We’re looking for practical problem solvers with expertise in machine learning to enhance search, semantic search, Q&A, and search-assisted chat applications.
Successful team members at ServiceNow have a passion to be a part of, lead, and grow amazing teams. You'll also work cross functionally to deliver innovative software designs and solutions to both internal and external developers and customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- You will work on a team to design and build innovative AI/ML capabilities for our product with high scalability and quality in mind.
- Be part of a group of seasoned developers and subject matter experts to help lead the design and implement solutions for the AI Search platform.
- Design and deliver outstanding search results for our customers and developers.
- Challenges that you’ll get to dive into and find solutions for:
- Machine learning based relevancy.
- Q&A systems
- Content Suggestion
- Contextual Relevancy
- Semantic Search
- Search-assisted chat applications
- Retriever assisted generative AI systems.
To be successful in this role you have:
- A passion for problem solving – A MUST!
- A good foundation in machine learning and engineering and the ability to create solutions combining the two.
- Understanding how ML is applied in SaaS production environments.
- Experience and/or knowledge around AI/ML pipelines.
- Experience using machine learning at scale.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks, preferably PyTorch
- Great written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
Experience fine tuning large language models
Familiar with open source or commercial search technology such as Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch, or Attivio.
Experience in Generative AI or Large Language Models in general
Working with both large and small-scale data sets to efficiently process information and design systems to use this data for machine learning purposes.
Experience in core search engineering including implementing search solutions ranging from keyword search to advanced semantic intent/search capabilities.
Deep and broad working knowledge of various search technologies including Lucene, Solr, Elastic, Attivio, text vectorization, and NLP/NLU.
- 0-2+ years knowledge and/or experience in professional software development
- 0-2+ years Knowledge and/or experience with software research and development experience with recent projects including AI and machine learning technologies.
- Good experience with Java and/or Python
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.