Mission Data Analyst - Associate/Staff (Boulder, CO)
Sep 12, 2023
Boulder, Colorado, United States
SciTec has been awarded multiple government contracts and is growing our creative Team! SciTec, Inc. is a dynamic small business with the mission to deliver advanced sensor data processing technologies and scientific instrumentation capabilities in support of National Security and Defense. We support customers throughout the Department of Defense and U.S. Government in building innovative new tools to deliver unique world-class data exploitation capabilities.
SciTec has an immediate opportunity on site in Boulder, Colorado for a talented Mission Data Analyst to support our programs delivering Next-Generation Missile Warning software. This is a unique opportunity to join a small business delivering core capabilities for National defense. You will work as a member of a fast-paced team delivering end-to-end software processing of Overhead Persistent InfraRed (OPIR) sensor data for Missile Warning, Missile Defense, Battlespace Awareness, and Technical Intelligence. You will analyze mission data and help build modern data pipelines within our industry partner sites. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded, experienced data analyst who works well as a part of a team, prioritizes the quality of their product, and seizes opportunities to be creative, learn and grow as a developer.
- Perform data analysis and data visualization using Jupyter notebooks and Python scripts.
- Contribute to improving various Python tools surrounding our machine learning/modeling/simulation efforts.
- Execute tasks that require familiarity with development tools such as Git, Docker, and virtual environments.
- Complete tasks with minimal direction.
- Work as part of an Agile software development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following minimum qualifications are required for the position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physical sciences
- Academic or Professional experience with Python 3.6 or later
- Academic or Professional experience using Linux operating systems, including bash scripting and related concepts
- Familiarity with numerical and/or machine learning algorithms
- A good sense of data hygiene and organization
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) & Open Office (OOCalc)
Candidates who have any of the following skills will be preferred
- Familiarity with Python coding standards (PEP8, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python packaging and deployment using command line interface applications
- Unit, component, and integration test development with a test framework such as pytest.
- Exception and error handling for recovery and graceful degradation
- Application containerization and orchestration with Docker, docker-compose, podman, Kubernetes, etc.
- Process automation and CI/CD in Jenkins, gitlab-ci or similar
SciTec offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- 3% Fully Vested Company 401K Contribution (no employee contribution required)
- 100% company paid HSA Medical insurance, with a choice of 2 buy-up options
- 80% company paid Dental insurance
- 100% company paid Vision insurance
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100% company paid Long-term Disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Annual Profit-Sharing Plan
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off, including Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Pay
- Flexible work hours
The pay range for this position is $78,000 - $105,000/ year. SciTec considers several factors when extending an offer of employment, including but not limited to the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills. This is not a guarantee of compensation.
SciTec is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.