Research Engineer - Autonomy Technologies
Sep 15, 2023
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
SSCI is looking for a SSCI is looking for a Research Engineer for projects in the areas of autonomy and unmanned systems.
We are looking for a candidate that has either an M.S., or B.S. w/ 2+ years of relevant experience, in EE, CS, AI, Robotics, Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning or related field, with demonstrated experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Behavior-based Robotics, or other Unmanned/Autonomous Systems development.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1990 and based in Woburn, MA, Scientific Systems Company Inc.(SSCI) invents disruptive technologies, develops revolutionary solutions, and builds trusted products for our customers’ most challenging missions. SSCI focuses on the creation of AI/ML enabled capabilities to command, control, communicate with, and manage composable collections of intelligent agents, smart sensors, and autonomous platforms across all domains.
*Eligibility for a DoD Security Clearance is required for this position.*
- Work as part of a team to design, implement, and test autonomy, AI, and machine learning algorithms and software systems for embedded unmanned multi-vehicle autonomy
- Support development, integration and test of algorithms and software for unmanned aerial, surface, undersea, and ground systems
- Support presentation of technical results to internal and external customers
- M.S., or B.S. w/ 2+ years of relevant experience, in EE, CS, AI, Robotics, Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning or related field, with demonstrated experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Behavior-based Robotics, or other Unmanned/Autonomous Systems development
- 2+ years experience in integration and test of advanced AI, Robotics, Machine Learning, and/or Autonomy capabilities for Unmanned Systems
- Proficiency with C/C++ and either Python or Matlab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K and Health/Life/Disability Insurance.