Lead Research Scientist - Data Privacy - Preserving and Secure AI
Jan 25, 2024
Palo Alto, CA, US, 94304
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
At SAP, we amplify the strength of AI technology, fusing it with our robust industry-focused data and profound process knowledge. Our vision is to infuse every SAP application with sophisticated AI capabilities, revolutionizing the way businesses operate. Large Language Models (LLMs) hold immense potential to change the way we work and develop products. They are reshaping the landscape of Machine Learning across various domains.
SAP AI Product Engineering is responsible for designing central frameworks and cloud services such as Joule, Generative AI Hub, AI Core, and Document Information Extraction as the AI foundation for embedded AI throughout our portfolio in addition to our efforts towards SAP’s foundation models, both our own tabular business models and building on top of partner LLMs, and generative AI technologies.
Meet your team:
SAP's AI organization is dedicated to seamlessly infusing AI into all enterprise applications, enabling customers, partners, and developers to enhance business processes and generate remarkable business value. Join our international AI team where innovation thrives, opportunities for personal development abound, and exceptional colleagues collaborate globally.
- Unique opportunity to lead the area of data privacy for business AI using LLMs and foundation models.
- The primary objective of the role is to identify and develop technical strategies to safeguard our confidential training data from unauthorized access by prompting the Foundation model. This includes scenarios such as unintended data extraction, leakage, or targeted attacks.
- Design and implement innovative methodologies, to ensure the highest level of data integrity and security as well as adhering to the highest ethical and regulatory standards with the Foundation Model.
- Define processes, methods, hypothesis, experiments, and review results from the ground up with an understanding to put them together for End-to-End business AI problem.
- Liaise with the legal department to ensure alignment between data privacy approaches and legal requirements.
- Foster partnerships with academic institutions, promoting research collaboration and knowledge exchange in the field of data privacy.
- Contribute to thought leadership in a revolutionary new data modality for Generative AI.
What you bring:
- PhD or master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or other relevant disciplines.
- Extensive experience and substantial publication record oin the intersection Foundation Models, Machine Learning, and data privacy research.
- Strong technical vision on how to ensure data privacy for Foundation Models.
- Deep understanding of issues and opportunities of applying Generative AI in a business context.
- Proficiency in Python, and experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar.
- Exceptional teamwork abilities, strong leadership and strategic thinking skills.
- Professional experience with Machine Learning on structured data, preferably in the ERP or CRM domain
- Ability to collaborate with academia for research.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: [email protected].
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Compensation Range Transparency: SAP believes the value of pay transparency contributes towards an honest and supportive culture and is a significant step toward demonstrating SAP’s commitment to pay equity. SAP provides the annualized compensation range inclusive of base salary and variable incentive target for the career level applicable to the posted role. The targeted combined range for this position is 185,100 - 403,800 USD. The actual amount to be offered to the successful candidate will be within that range, dependent upon the key aspects of each case which may include education, skills, experience, scope of the role, location, etc. as determined through the selection process. Any SAP variable incentive includes a targeted dollar amount and any actual payout amount is dependent on company and personal performance. Please reference this link for a summary of SAP benefits and eligibility requirements: SAP North America Benefits.
Requisition ID: 383648 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid