Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is a leading global financial services group with seven generations of family control and a history of over 200 years at the centre of the world's financial markets.
Our expertise, intellectual capital and global network enable us to provide a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients, communities and planet.
We have 4,200 talented specialists on the ground in over 40 countries around the world, enabling us to deliver a unique global perspective across four market-leading business divisions – Global Advisory, Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking.
As a family-controlled business built on relationships, we place a huge emphasis on our people and finding the right colleagues to take our business forward.
Rothschild & Co is committed to an inclusive and supportive environment where diversity and different perspectives are valued. We are focused on the attraction and recruitment, development and retention and progression of high calibre talent to ensure we and our clients benefit from the value of difference.
Rothschild & Co – Wealth Management UK, Business Applications
At Rothschild & Co Wealth Management, we offer an objective long-term perspective on investing, structuring and safeguarding assets, to preserve and grow our clients’ wealth. We provide a comprehensive range of private wealth services to some of the world’s wealthiest and most successful families, entrepreneurs, foundations and charities. In an environment where short-term thinking often dominates, our long-term perspective sets us apart. We believe preservation-first is the right approach to managing wealth.
We have recently introduced a Head of Business Applications to support the WMUK business to define and build new IT Services to meet rapidly evolving business needs and support business growth.
The Power BI Developer role will report into the Head of Business Applications and will work closely with the key business stakeholders across Wealth Management as well as Group IT and local IT teams in our other locations.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Power BI Developer to join our Business Applications function. As a Power BI Developer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and maintaining business intelligence solutions that enable data-driven decision-making across the organisation. You will work closely with stakeholders to understand their reporting and analytics needs, translate these requirements into interactive dashboards and reports, and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
You are pragmatic and able to balance business needs and complexity. You keep pace with technology trends in the business intelligence arena and foster a culture of continuous improvement - learning from past challenges and being able to suggest and lead innovations in the business intelligence space. You will also work closely with Business and IT teams across the group, ensuring reports, dashboards and datasets are maintainable and supportable.
The role is based in London but occasionally you may be expected to travel to other locations as the role demands.
- Data Analysis and Requirements Gathering:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their reporting and analytics needs.
- Gather and document data requirements.
- Data Modelling:
- Design and develop data models and data transformations to support reporting and visualization needs.
- Optimize data models for performance and scalability.
- Dashboard and Report Development:
- Create interactive and visually appealing dashboards and reports using Power BI.
- Ensure data visualisation best practices and user-friendly design.
- Data Integration:
- Integrate data from various sources into Power BI.
- Maintain data connections and refresh schedules.
- Data Governance:
- Establish data governance practices to maintain data accuracy, consistency, and security.
- Implement role and row based security as necessary
- Performance Optimization:
- Monitor and optimize the performance of Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- Documentation and Training:
- Create documentation for data models, reports, and dashboards.
- Provide training and support to end-users on how to use Power BI reports effectively.
- Collaboration and Communication:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Communicate project status and issues effectively to stakeholders.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of working in BI or Reporting Roles (preferably financial services)
- Proven experience as a Power BI Developer.
- Proficiency in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts and DAX.
- Experience with data integration, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of SQL and data querying.
- Excellent data visualisation and report design skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with the full spectrum of stakeholders
- Self-motivated, determined and focussed to get the job done properly, using his/ her own initiative when a situation demands it
- A process-oriented individual, with strong management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization with high levels of technical complexity
- Detail oriented yet also pragmatic and able to balance conflicting and changing demands
- Ability to learn quickly with a “can do” attitude to turn challenges into opportunities
- Effective communicator who can adjust communication style to fit the audience and message. Providing timely information to help others across the organisation. Encourages the open express of diverse ideas and opinions
- Ability to work with stakeholders to develop initially ambiguously defined needs into real solutions
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of what is happening in the external market and how to make Technology a differentiator
- Emotional and Cultural Awareness in an international, distributed organisation.