Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, causal inference, economics, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
- Develop data-driven products (e.g, advanced ML/causal models) to facilitate product innovation, inform strategic decisions and improve the user experiences.
- Retrieve, transform, and analyze data using tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, and Python.
- Conduct statistical A/B testing, working closely with data scientists and product managers to assess the impact of product changes.
- Collaborate with product managers to define success metrics for different aspects of our product.
- Contribute to the acceleration of product development through your deep understanding of underlying data.
- Pursuing a Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field.
- High proficiency in SQL, Python and R
- Enthusiasm for utilizing data science and machine learning to deliver actionable insights and solve business problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and contribute insights that enhance our product.
- Interest in large user-generated content platforms.
- Willingness to work full-time and onsite in San Mateo, CA.
Please note the Company may not be able to employ candidates who have United States work authorization related to certain U.S. visa categories, or support future H-1B sponsorship at this time.
Location: San Mateo, CA
Duration: 12 Weeks
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual hourly rate could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please note that not all benefits shown below are applicable to internship opportunities.
Hourly Pay Range
Industry-leading compensation package
Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
A rewarding 401k program
Flexible vacation policy
Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
At Roblox HQ:
Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.