Riot Sydney is looking for an experienced Staff Data Engineer to join the Sydney-based Wild Rift Data team.
As a Staff Data Engineer on the Wild Rift Data Team, you will shape the data architecture and systems that help provide an amazing Wild Rift experience to millions of players around the world. You will work on many different projects with many different teams on Wild Rift, from improving game design with our in game team to helping improve matchmaking with the around game team. You will report directly to the Sydney Engineering Manager for Wild Rift Data. Wild Rift is just beginning its journey, it will be your mission to make sure we understand the player experience through data and use that data to make it better!
- Partner with our game development teams in our Shanghai and Shenzhen offices to maximize the value of data
- Transform raw data to datasets that end-users can easily query
- Work with your team to ship data powered products to players
- Demonstrate a highest bar of craft excellence for your team
- Advocate for best practices and identify opportunities for the team to improve the sustainability of our portfolio
- Design and implement data marts
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists who will use your data marts to help with decisions or build services
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing mission-critical data systems
- Experience developing solutions using Spark, SQL, Python, and Airflow
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle from requirements gathering through deployment and continued operation
- Experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Experience working within the agile project management framework
- Experience leading the technical direction of projects
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers
- Experience developing solutions with related data processing technologies such as Flink, Hive, S3, Vertica, kafka, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, MySQL or Postgres
- Experience using containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Working closely with Riot teams globally, Riot Sydney is a powerhouse of talent, and experts in global development. Our team works on VALORANT, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, alongside exciting R&D and Tech projects.
If you believe that the Player Experience comes first, we want to hear from you. Our players are a diverse group from different backgrounds, and we want to see that reflected in the people who make our games, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment
At Riot we strongly believe in work/life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun, we have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that’s not all we offer, there’s also:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
- Wellbeing Reimbursement
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning and Development opportunities
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.