Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Emerging Games Data
Sep 19, 2023
Los Angeles, USA
Engineers at Riot master their craft by building, launching, and operating games that delight players all over the world. As a Senior Software Engineer you will dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals, while providing a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Riot Data New, Emerging, and R&D Studio team, you will contribute robust and reliable data solutions to help enhance titles throughout the game development lifecycle. You'll use your experience with large scale AI/ML data systems to help us build efficient solutions, collaborating closely with other engineers on the Data team. You will report directly to the engineering manager for Riot Data’s New, Emerging, and R&D Studio Data team.
- Develop and operate large-scale machine learning systems, including gathering requirements, designing production-ready architecture, and sustainably supporting high availability services.
- Build, deploy, optimize and maintain machine learning models.
- Develop game features that integrate machine learning into the game server, backend services, and data warehouse.
- Support data scientists, designers, QA, and analysts with tools and automation that make their workflows more efficient and repeatable.
- Work closely with game designers, engineers, and leadership gather datasets, build prototypes, and look for innovative ways to leverage generative models for game development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer (2+ years in data and/or machine learning focused roles).
- Familiarity with common tools for machine learning (e.g. Mlflow, Tensorflow, PyTorch), reinforcement learning, (e.g., RLlib, Gym/Gymnasium), and transformer-based models for language.
- Experience building software across multiple languages (e.g., Golang, Python, or C++).
- Experience with building and maintaining complex event driven systems.
- Experience with the development and operation of large-scale, end-to-end machine learning systems, including gathering requirements, designing production-ready architecture, and sustainably supporting high availability services.
- Experience with data processing (e.g., Spark, BigQuery, DataProc), storage (e.g., S3, Google Cloud Storage), transport (e.g., Kafka, PubSub), and orchestration (e.g., Airflow, Luigi).
- Experience deploying cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with modern MLOPs platforms.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience or interest in working with Unreal Engine.
- Familiarity with modern ML platforms (e.g. Triton inference server, Seldon Core).
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.