Cyber AI/ML Engineer (Cyber185)
Sep 01, 2023
Melbourne, FL or St. Petersburg, FL or San Antonio, TX
Research Innovations, Inc. (RII) is breaking through the big, slow, status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world. We develop cutting-edge software for all levels of the government and military. Using agile development practices and user-centered design, we create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems.
We are looking for a committed Engineer/Scientist to join the Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) group within RII’s Cyber Security division. If you love wrangling, munging, transforming, analyzing, and visualizing Department of Defense data we want to hear from you. Solve unique, challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Get s#it done.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US clearance. Active clearance not required to apply.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conceptualizing, designing and implementing software that tracks with the latest industry advances in AI/ML
- Working with vulnerability research (VR) teams to understand the strengths and weaknesses of current processes; finding ways to improve those processes through automation
- Apply AI/ML team research to VR problem domains to mature and productize toolsets; train non-expert users how to effectively apply AI/ML tools
- Identifying, designing, developing, and deploying ETL workflows to integrate relevant data sources into our software products
- Innovating and creating data analysis microservices to provide our customers with unparalleled insight and understanding of their operational environment
- Develop captivating solutions by collaborating with customers and development teams
- Document use cases, solutions, & recommendations to customers
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Inform the design of architectures to facilitate application of AI/ML concepts
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or equivalent work experience
- Programming experience with both scripted (preferably Python3) and compiled (preferably C) languages
- Experience with Python Pandas, Pytorch, Lightning AI, Huggingface
- Excellent general understanding of distributed systems, microservices, database technologies, and data analytics platforms
- Experience with using git and modern software development practices for teams
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience operating Linux systems with the ability to navigate and execute Linux/bash commands
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively interact with customers
- MS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or work experience
- Experience and understanding of the latest Reinforcement Learning techniques
- Experience and understanding of Transformer models
- Experience with C/C++ CUDA
- Experience with deploying microservices to Cloud Platforms
- Experience with data quality and data profiling tools
- Experience with distributed system data sharing, IPC, data serialization techniques, messaging queue implementations (e.g., RabbitMQ, Redis)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts
- Experience with OpenAPI design, OpenAPIv3 Code Generation Tools and code as config best practices
- Experience working on DoD/IC-related projects and programs
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.