About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
Redwood Materials is looking for motivated and talented data analysts to help manage data assets in a custom data lake, develop sustainable data models and practices, and provide analysis to both technical and non-technical teams. The ideal candidate is someone experienced in maintaining and adding features to data pipelines and managing customer facing data systems. This is an opportunity to join during a critical growth phase and build green field software experiences and capabilities which will have a significant impact on the company’s day-to-day operations and ability to scale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage internal customer access and data served through traditional BI or dashboard tooling (PowerBI and Grafana).
- Maintain and implement data pipelines to and from an S3 based data lake and relational database services.
- Create data sets from the data lake to support various use cases, such as business analytics, dashboards, reports, and machine learning.
- Take charge of the systems used to serve analytical consumers (visualization, data modeling, evangelizing).
- Leverage existing AWS architectures and design new ones where needed, using the CDK tool kit.
- Work with cross functional teams to discover business needs and design appropriate data models.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience developing data solutions in a modern cloud environment.
- Excellence in data modeling using scripting and SQL.
- Fluency in Python.
- Familiarity with AWS data pipeline tooling. (Glue and PySpark experience a plus).
- Understanding of the AWS ecosystem and Infrastructure-as-code methodologies (CDK a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to manage production data workloads (detecting and diagnosing issues, monitoring).
- A passion for excellence and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at [email protected].