Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Engineer
Jan 25, 2024
Falls Church, VA
About the Organization Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse transforms the way government uses data and technology. To support this mission, we are seeking a dedicated Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Engineer to join our team. The AI/ML Engineer will work closely with the Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office (CDAO) to design and build environments, integrate applications, and support initiatives focusing on autonomous warfare. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in working on projects at the forefront of AI and deep learning technologies and wants to make a transformative impact on the Department of Defense (DoD).
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- AI/ML Development: Support the implementation of CDAO’s Algorithmic Warfare (AW) AI scaffolding project including the development of a process/structure for DoD teams to develop and test their own AI/ML models. Develop and maintain scalable and robust AI/ML systems that comply with government cybersecurity policies. Stay current with the latest AI/ML research and technologies and assess their potential application within government projects.
- Autonomous Warfare: Support the development and integration of AI/ML solutions with existing government IT infrastructure and systems focused on improving autonomous warfare capabilities.
- Collaboration: Contribute to cross-functional team efforts on CDAO’s large language model task force. Participate in code reviews, testing, and debugging to ensure the delivery of high-quality products. Communicate complex AI/ML concepts and results to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Architecture and Design: Prepare technical documentation, including system design, development reports, and user manuals.
- Standards Compliance: Develop and maintain scalable and robust AI/ML systems that comply with government cybersecurity policies. Be familiar with and apply the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines for DoD information assurance, including NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53
Basic Minimum Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US citizenship with an active Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret (TS) security clearance and a current access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) (TS/SCI) is required. Applicants who are not US Citizens and who do not have a current and active TS/SCI security clearance will not be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 8 years of related experience or a combination of advanced degree/experience will be considered.
- Experience in system development/configuration, integration, and support efforts is required. Knowledge and execution with DoD systems is highly desired.
- Experience in autonomous warfare development is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud architecture, application and integration is highly desired.
- Proven experience with software development (in languages such as Python) and/or development of artificial intelligence/machine learning software is highly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled Accommodations:If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Talent Acquisition at [email protected] Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.