As a full spectrum AWS integrator, we assist hundreds of companies to realize the value, efficiency, and productivity of the cloud. We take customers on their journey to enable, operate, and innovate using cloud technologies – from migration strategy to operational excellence and immersive transformation.
If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers’ success. The best part is, we’re committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
As a Big Data Architect, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role in delivering modern data solutions for clients including data ingestion/data pipeline design and implementation, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
If you get a thrill working with cutting-edge technology and love to help solve customers’ problems, we’d love to hear from you. It’s time to rethink the possible. Are you ready?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
- Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists, and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
- Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
- Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
- Directly collaborate with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to facilitate the adoption of AWS and big data technologies and help build offerings
- Lead and mentor small technical teams, ensuring timely and effective execution of tasks and deliverables.
- Understand business requirements, translating them into actionable technical solutions and strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Educate customers on the value of AWS and AWS’s Data services
- Proficiently navigate time zone differences to effectively collaborate with our distributed teams in North America and Egypt, demonstrating flexibility in adjusting work hours when required to synchronize efforts and ensure smooth communication
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, supporting on-premise, cloud (Ideally AWS) and hybrid architectures to enable use cases in analytics and AI
- 5+ years experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics
- 3+ years working in the cloud or multi-server complex environments. Experience with AWS a requirement.
- Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into an easy-to-understand non-technical language in order to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders
- Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
Strong candidates will also have some of the following capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or a related field is desired
- Strong SQL, Database, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and Development skills
- Experience in Cloud Big Data & Analytics Services on the cloud (AWS preferred ie. S3, Redshift, Athena, EMR, Glue, Quicksight, etc.)
- Experience with Dashboarding and Reporting Tools used in the Industry (Quicksight, PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience with industry ETL tools (Informatica, Talend, SSIS, etc.)
- Have strong people management skills: leading teams, training, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Preference for candidates with the following AWS certifications
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty (DAS-C01)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA-C03)
- AWS Certified Data Engineer – Associate
- Preference for candidates with experience in open-source table formats, including Apache Hudi, Apache Iceberg, and Databricks Delta Lake
- Subject matter data expertise in Financial Services (Banking, Insurance), Consumer Products (Retail), Energy & Resources, Life Sciences (Healthcare) and Government (Transport, Higher Ed, Social Services) industries
- Experience with implementation of data security, encryption, PII/PSI legislation, identity and access management across sources and environments
- Knowledge of software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, TFS, Shell, Powershell, Bitbucket, etc.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.