At Qualtrics, we create software the world’s best brands use to deliver exceptional frontline experiences, build high-performing teams, and design products people love. But we are more than a platform—we are the creators and stewards of the Experience Management category serving over 18K clients globally. Building a category takes grit, determination, and a disdain for convention—but most of all it requires close-knit, high-functioning teams with an unwavering dedication to serving our customers.
When you join one of our teams, you’ll be part of a nimble group that’s empowered to set aggressive goals and move fast to achieve them. Strategic risks are encouraged and complex problems are solved together, by passing the mic and iterating until the best solution comes to light. You won’t have to look to find growth opportunities—ready or not, they’ll find you. From retail to government to healthcare, we’re on a mission to bring humanity, connection, and empathy back to business. Join over 6,000 people across the globe who think that’s work worth doing
Data Engineer I
Why We have this role
Qualtrics is seeking Data Engineers to join our growing Engineering function in our Mexico City office. If you have a Bachelor’s degree, have 1+ years of software engineering experience, and want to work at a fast-growing tech company, Qualtrics could be the place you’ve been dreaming about.
How You’ll Find Success
- Strong level of curiosity
- Ability to create trust in customers and teams through thorough communication
- Takes initiative and shows scrappiness in getting things done
- Proven ability to work well in teams - partnering with managers, cross-functional teams and teammates
- Takes an analytical mindset to approach problems and find solutions
- Shows a desire to learn new skills and grow in the role
How You’ll Grow
- Develop the ability to build scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Learn to implement new functionality from provided requirements and specifications.
- Benefit from working with other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Learn Agile methodologies by attending daily stand-up meetings, prioritizing tasks, and working with a sense of urgency to meet a scheduled plan to deliver value to our customers
Things You’ll Do
- Close collaboration with your team to collect and incorporate feedback into your feature design
- Drive operational excellence by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis, and follow-up actions for mitigation
- Improve performance, availability, reliability, scale, throughput, and latency
- Work with your team to meet customer work you're doing, understand the decisions that are being made, and make your voice heard
What We’re Looking For On Your Resume
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation, and build\deploy systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Passionate about building products that help customers quickly and effectively get their job done
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, and then take it to resolution
What You Should Know About This Team
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer meaning that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
Applicants in the United States of America have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family & Medical Leave Act, Equal Opportunity Employment, Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Qualtrics is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Qualtrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please let your Qualtrics contact/recruiter know.
Qualtrics Work Experience - As we look to the future, we believe that our teams are better together. Being together will help us learn more, grow faster and ultimately deliver better results for our customers and Qualtrics. Roles tied to an office location work 4 days per week in the office together and 1 day from home, with a strong spirit of flexibility around taking time for personal, health, and family moments in our work weeks. Our managers work with their teams to create a collaborative, engaged work environment, and arrangement that works for each of our team members.
Not finding a role that’s the right fit for now? Qualtrics Insiders is the one-stop shop for all things Qualtrics Life. Sign up for exclusive access to content created with you in mind and get the scoop on what we have going on at Qualtrics - upcoming events, behind the behind the scenes stories from the team, interview tips, hot jobs, and more. No spam - we promise! You'll hear from us two times a month max with fresh, totally tailored info - so be sure to stay connected as you explore your best role and company fit.