Software Engineer (Scala, Python, Spark, SQL) III
Sep 13, 2023
IO, PA, United States
pureIntegration, a technology consulting firm with 19+ years of experience servicing fortune 100 clients is seeking a Software Engineer (Scala, Python, Spark, SQL) III to join our growing team developing video platforms that handle billions of requests and millions of users. The team designs, develops, delivers innovative products and services that are essential to bringing Internet, TV and voice to more than 28 million residential and business customers.
Work Arrangement: W2 Hourly Employment
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card only. We Do Not Sponsor H1B Visas, or C2C
As a Software/Data Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, implementing, and maintaining data infrastructure. You will work closely with our data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure that our data is accessible, reliable, and ready for analysis. You will be working on cloud services and platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. You will be identifying performance bottlenecks, optimizing queries, and improving overall system efficiency.
You will be instrumental in the migration from AWS to Databricks, including the design and development of data pipelines end-to-end.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and/or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 8 years of experience in Data Engineering
- Solid understanding of Apache Spark architecture, components, and concepts.
- Proficiency in Spark programming using languages like Python/Scala and SQL.
- Experience with Spark's DataFrame and SQL API for data manipulation and processing.
- Experience with Databricks as a unified analytics platform for big data processing
- Understanding of cluster management, configuration, and optimization in Databricks.
- Experience with creating, managing, and automating cloud resources using Terraform scripts.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) practices.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and other engineers.
- Proficiency with version control systems like Git/AWS CodeCommit and experience collaborating with teams using branching strategies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, and client-focused? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? pureIntegration would love to hear from you - your career journey starts here!
pureIntegration, headquartered in the Washington DC area, serves clients in the fastest growing industries – communications, media, and entertainment. In over 19 years delivering Digital Transformation consulting and professional services, pureIntegration has successfully designed, integrated, and deployed winning solutions at scale which have resulted in measurable performance increases for our clients. Our industry-focused offerings and collaborative client approach has resulted in a 97% client satisfaction rating annually.
As a leading service organization, we recognize our most valuable assets are our people, both as individuals and how they come together as a whole. As such, we encourage our team members to become fearless in exploring ideas and opportunities to act on them.
pureIntegration is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.