Supervisor, Tableau/BI Developer
Nov 10, 2023
Detroit, MI, United States
At Publicis Collective, it is both our model and culture to establish fully integrated cross-discipline teams that put our clients wholly at the center and enable us to provide best-in-class services in a fluid and modular way. Publicis Collective uses living data to create brand movements at the speed of people’s lives. We move faster, create movements, and deploy real time data that connects world class creative to content and media in service of growth and ROI.
As part of Publicis Media, our leadership is defined by experience, commitment, and continuity across our vast network. Helming our agencies and teams are some of the most seasoned experts in the industry, committed to doing the best for our people and our clients every day, and bound together by our inclusive and humane culture. No matter whether we’re recruiting new talent or devising new media campaigns for our clients, we put the humanity and identity of real people at the forefront of everything we do. And our peerless history of continuous learning and innovation means we never stand pat.
Publicis Media is the #1 media network in North America, made of a family of world-class media agencies, solutions, and talent. Together, we comprise more than 23,000 people in more than 60 countries, united to serve the world’s best-known and most successful brands.
Our team is looking for a high-performing Tableau/BI Developer who will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and on-going support of reports and dashboards published on a Tableau Server platform. You enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously, including both enhancements as well as new project development. The candidate must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality and professionalism.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions
- Design, build, test and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server
- Design, build, test, debug, monitor, and troubleshoot published data sources and extracts on Tableau Server
- Advanced Tableau Server site administration including user/group security and roles, and managing project and data source security
- Analyze ambiguous business requirements and partner with product team to provide a strategic solution
- Collaborate with data engineers to design or modify schema for optimal software performance
- Have the confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas
- Reviewing and improving existing solutions and collaborating with teams to integrate new solutions
- Recommend solutions to existing or anticipated issues
- Serve as an escalation point for any issues that may arise
- Ability to follow implementation standards, develop documentation and transfer of knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau
- Advanced SQL programming skills, Redshift preferred (creating views, stored procedures, functions, etc.)
- Experience with complex processing logic against large data sets
- Excellent data modelling skills and experience working with multiple datasets
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and flexibility to change priorities when needed
- Possession of strong communication and presentation skills as well as an analytical mindset
- Good problem solving and testing skills
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- The following experience is a plus:
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, Glue, Lambda)
- Experience with Python
- Experience and thorough understanding of a variety of APIs
- Experience supporting analytics and data science teams/tools (Pandas, R, Alteryx)
- Experience with front-end development
- Experience with marketing data and digital media
The Company anticipates the application window for this job posting will end 1/9/2024.