Publicis is an omni-channel communications agency with over 600 employees across our Canadian operations. The office is the largest in our industry in Canada and boasts talent across various disciplines of marketing and advertising expertise. Publicis carries a balanced split of Canadian, U.S. and Global clients for which we are Agency of Record. Publicis supports a range of D&I actions through our Driving Change team as well as giving back to the community through a long-standing participation in the Out of the Cold Program. With a strong, active and familial culture, Pub United is the agency’s social club, hosting events as wide reaching as Curling, Trivia Nights and more.
The Senior Data Analyst is an active member of the Publicis Data & Insights Team. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for aggregating, analyzing and providing insights that help monitor, optimize and deliver data driven recommendations to our clients on a regular (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ad-hoc basis. This candidate must strive to ensure that the data used in the analytics process is accurate and robust. Candidates must also think strategically to identify issues that need to be optimized or resolved. The Senior Data Analyst will always work proactively to prioritize resources in order to deliver on the tasks.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will:
- Lead analytics projects of varying sizes and complexity, including report automation, analytics tagging, data visualization, tool implementation requirements gathering and documentation, split testing, and ad hoc analysis.
- Conduct insightful analyses to address specific business questions and challenges, contributing to data-driven strategies and informed-decision making across the organization.
- Spearhead the development of KPIs and robust measurement frameworks, aligning them with business objectives to ensure accurate tracking.
- Identify opportunities to advance client data maturity & lead initiatives to enhance data collection, integration, and analysis capabilities.
- Create interactive dashboards that provide actionable insights for clients and internal stakeholders.
- Lead regular reporting, scorecards, and dashboards (weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc requests)
- Create detailed tracking and tagging plans, working closely with development teams to ensure accurate and comprehensive tracking of user behaviour across client web properties.
- Serve as a mentor and resource for junior team members, offering guidance and support
- Lead efforts to optimize the client’s digital experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on web analytics experience in Google Analytics (UA & GA4), ideally within an agency setting
- 3+ years experience with Tag Management Systems like Google Tag Manager
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable presenting and participating in group discussions involving both internal stakeholders and clients
- Ability to confidently design and build dashboards in Tableau, Looker Studio, PowerBI, or similar data visualization tools.
- Ability to provide clear guidance and support for advanced problem solving aimed at evolving their digital properties & advancing their data maturity
- Ability to interpret business requests into data requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Basic Understanding of SQL is an asset
- The candidate should be curious by nature: critically thinking about the business and marketing implications of data – how analytics can be used to inspire great creative, content and user experience
- Someone that is self-motivated, hard-working, excited by digital possibilities.
- Undergraduate Degree (Marketing, Business, Statistics, Analysis, or other related degrees considered an asset)
You are an ideal candidate for this role if you:
- Think strategically in everything you do
- Are intrinsically-driven and celebrate every success
- Are a logical thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Set high quality standards for yourself and aim to get every detail right
- Do what it takes to deliver on your commitments
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Welcome and volunteer constructive feedback
- Are able to work within both traditional and agile methodologies/processes
- Are able to maintain constant and effective communication within multidisciplinary project teams
- Are a self learner and believe in continuous learning and improvement
What we offer:
- Opportunity to build something new and different
- Platform to learn through action
- Competitive salary vs. industry benchmarks for experience level
- Medical/dental benefits
- Phone subsidies
- Hybrid working model
- Exciting agency events
- A fun and diverse team
Publicis Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of our community. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply. If you require a specific accommodation please contact Human Resources at 416-925-7733 or by email at [email protected]