Senior Consultant, Data Strategy
Sep 07, 2023
Chicago, IL, United States
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
As a digital business transformation partner of choice, we’ve spent nearly three decades utilizing the disruptive power of technology and ingenuity to help digitally enable our clients' business in their pursuit of next. We bring a startup mindset and agile methods to both established companies and the public sector to unlock value in ways that delight their customers and improve their operational effectiveness. Our approach to transformation is grounded in a view of both the company and the customers simultaneously, and a unique fusing of strategy and consulting, experience, and engineering with an enduring culture of problem-solving creativity.
In the space between next and now is how. And we believe that how you seize that space is everything! Our ambition is to create an environment where data scientists and artificial intelligence experts can tackle some of today’s most complex, strategic operational challenges. To make this happen we require the brightest minds in strategy to focus on data. This new venture will deliver predictive analytics solutions to leading businesses. It’s an opportunity to design, build, and implement practical, end-to-end platforms that help the world’s most recognized brands to make smarter decisions and provide more valuable services to their customers. With mentorship from both companies and the agility of a startup, we’re building something from the ground up with deep resources, alongside a team of the world’s premier talent in data science.
The purpose of the Senior Associate, Data Strategy is to work with clients undergoing a data-driven transformation (DDT) across the globe. The Senior Associate, Data Strategy will be a key contributor to accelerating and driving the DDT strategy for clients, working in partnership with Digital directors, client teams, and practice capability. Furthermore, the role will be a key contributor in ensuring the agency is an industry leader in digital thinking, execution, and value realization for clients through data-driven solutions. Specifically, this role majorly contributes to the definition of data-driven learning agendas, use cases for technology adoption, data strategy as well as assisting in partner evaluation, selection and integration, and finally activation on the client accounts. The requirement of the role is both strategic ad executional, being a key contributor to the activation of data-driven marketing solutions.
- Contribute to the definition of the Digital, Data and Technology learning agenda
- Ensure the data strategy and measurement frameworks align and be a driving force in securing client alignment
- Working with planners, clients, strategy directors and digital directors to define an audience framework and data strategy for each brand and overall brand portfolio tapping into relevant data partners, publishers, and first-party data ecosystem
- Grow the use of DMP and CDP in data driven use cases, application in campaigns, and general adoption through strategy to connect to a wider spectrum of datasets, particularly 1P and 2P data
- Support the development of technology-based platforms and applications as a data strategist alongside Publicis Sapient data & tech talent as well as agency partners
- Define and support the implementation, measurement and activation of data-driven use cases
- Become a trusted technology and data partner to the client, ensuring the technology elements fit together, support any desired changes, proactively suggest changes to improve data fluidity, reducing data loss / improving data match rates
- Work with planners to provide guidance on how data can be utilized to inform annual planning insights and work with the team to help inform how data integration evolves the planning process
- Support the development of education programs for Data for both internal and client audiences
- Support and provide input into the media partnership strategy based on data strategy needs
- Be a key contributor in a testing program to continuously try new vendors and partners to improve on data and technology delivery
- Assist in the execution of data-driven marketing program approach across agencies supporting digital directors in the development of data strategies for their client, setting best practice approaches, and educating planning teams
- Support data-driven thought leadership agenda for media partners
- Support continuous embedding of new data-driven approaches and case studies into our Human Experience Planning framework and agency collateral
- Support new business pitches and prototyping work
- Strong data and data-driven marketing knowledge, able to interpret client business/technical requirements, and support in translating these into clearly articulated, parceled up learning agendas and strategies to accelerate how data and technology supports the maximization of client business outcomes.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Adobe target, Google Analytics, Optimizely, SiteSpect.
- Knowledgeable about data types, sources, partners, and what defines the quality of data; expert in leveraging data in a media and non-media context for activation, measurement as well as strategic applications
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex digital concepts and distill them to their core ideas, themes, insights, and recommendations
- Architect innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies, communication plans, and integrated solutions.
- Be a major contributor to a culture of learning in digital tools, case studies, new partners, and techniques
- High sense of ownership, drive, agenda setting
- Ability to be a key contributor within a team of activation and content creators to brainstorm an initial response to brief and have assisted in refining it
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude and an ability to simplify as well as go into detail when necessary
- Aggressive appetite for learning and broadening/deepening skill set and knowledge as needed
Pay Range: $100,000 - $180,000
The range shown represents a grouping of relevant ranges currently in use at Publicis Sapient. Actual range for this position may differ, depending on location and specific skillset required for the work itself.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.