- Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers.We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity.United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across truly value.
As a Director in Data Engineering, you are responsible for defining and executing data strategy for clients. Your role focused on high-quality strategy, definition, and delivery of solutions involving:
- Data Integration, Governance & Wrangling
- Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
- Analytics & Visualizations
- Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
- Data Management Platforms
- The role requires a hands-on technologist with expertise in databases, Hadoop, MDM, and reporting to provide strategic and tactical direction to customers in the areas of marketing and technology. The person should have a strong programming background like Java.
As a data engineering practitioner, you should have a point of view and understanding of build vs. buy, performance considerations, hosting, business intelligence, reporting & analytics. Ideally, you have experience in integrating data with marketing scenarios like segmentation, targeting, consumer 360 view, etc.
- Provide inputs to define and execute a strategic roadmap for enterprise data architecture by identifying the current landscape and future business goal
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on implementation role in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design, and implementation
- Lead a globally distributed team to deliver high-quality solutions. Manage functional & non-functional scope and quality
- Help establish standard data practices like governance and address other non-functional issues like data security, privacy, and quality
- Help establish best practices like standards and guidelines for design & development, deployment, support and analytics, and mining
- Help establish best practices in acquiring, storing, and analyzing structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data from the enterprise and outside like social
- Come up with analytics solutions based on the business goals and appropriate data visualization to support the goals
- Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Define and drive key transformational programs like customer 360-degree view for the clients
- Functional understanding related to digital marketing & customer experience solution blocks, Master data Management (MDM), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Campaign Management, Tag Management, Media Buying, Optimization, Recommendations & Targeting, DMP, and DSP.
- Understanding Digital data sources such as Open source data (ex: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), Weblog Data (SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics), 3rd party paid data (ex: Acxiom, ACNielsen, etc.), and business application data (CRM, eCommerce, etc.)
- Run workshops with clients and align client stakeholders to optimal solutions
- 16+ years of experience within the field of data engineering
- Excellent understanding of data technologies landscape
- Well versed with pros and cons of various database technologies like Relational, NO SQL, MPP, Columnar databases
- Well versed with Software as a service, Platform as a service and Infrastructure as a service concepts and can drive clients to a decision
- Expert in multi-dimensional modeling like start schema, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models
- Expert in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies
- Expert in in Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution like Cloudera and HortonWorks
- Expert in agile development with CI / CD pipeline with data projects
- Knowledge in computation frameworks like Storm and Spark
- Knowledge in cloud and social media technologies and integrations
- Expert in master data management and building customer 360 degree views
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills verbal, written and visual presentations
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills
- Multi geo experience and distributed delivery experience in large programs
- Business Knowledge: Data driven marketing experience would be a plus
- We at Publicis Sapient, enable our clients to thrive in Next and to create business value through expert strategies, customer-centric experience design, and world-class product engineering.
- The future of business is disruptive, transformative and becoming digital to the core.
- In our 20 + years in IT, never before have we seen such a dire need for transformation in every major industry - from financial services to automotive, consumer products, retail, energy, and travel.
- To make this transformative journey a reality in these exciting times, we seek Rockstars who will:
- brave it out to go do the next; “what will be” from “what is”
- exhibit the optimism that says there is no limit to what we can achieve
- deeply-skilled, bold, collaborative, flexible
- Reimagine the way the world works to help businesses improve the daily lives of people and the world
- Our people thrive because of the belief that it is both our privilege and responsibility to usher our clients and the world into Next.
Our work is fueled by
- challenging boundaries,
- multidisciplinary collaboration,
- highly agile teams, and
- the power of the newest technologies and platforms.
- Gender-Neutral Policy
- 18 paid holidays throughout the year for NCR/BLR (22 For Mumbai)
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programs to help you in wellness and well being