Data Analyst, Central Activation
Sep 14, 2023
New York City, United States
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis Sapient and Publicis Health. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, Digitas, Spark Foundry, and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
Publicis Media Exchange (PMX) delivers sustainable, transparent, competitive advantage to Publicis Media clients and agencies. This is done through the consolidated strength of our agencies, deep understanding of our client drivers, leveraging scaled investment, marketplace innovation, strength in partnerships and intelligence.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
As an Analyst on the Data Operations team, you will support the Client Operations team with reporting and analytics, and help internal and external clients make better decisions by taking advantage of known data-driven techniques. This role will service a major Publicis client, wherein you will be responsible for generating end-to-end insights, data pulling, report building, and collaborating with several teams to take on already structured processes. In addition, one of the most important requirements is driving bottom-line growth, through ensuring operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in relational databases, API data extraction, and intermediate programming in various analytics software, such as Python or R. They will automate data pipelines, build aesthetic/analytically profound/easy to understand visualizations, using software such as Tableau or PowerBI, to tell stories, and provide recommendations that can help end-users to optimize on their key performance indicators.
In order to succeed, the candidate must have sound technical knowledge, as well as outstanding soft skills.
- Support the Client Operations team in reporting and analytics needs
- Build reporting/analytical end-to-end solutions that require executive communication, fulfilling requirements, designing data pipelines, building dashboards
- Develop data pipelines with processes ranging from mining, extracting, cleansing, and transforming to building automatable reporting and analytics dashboards
- Deliver actionable analytical solutions involving some data and statistical modeling (e.g. data sampling, segmentation, classification, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Develop and execute automated processes that can be applied to standardized reporting and analytics solutions
- Manage relational databases to organize, store, and process clean data prepared for internal and client stakeholders
- Communicate/present analytical findings and recommendations to audiences ranging from executives to working level team members
- Undergraduate degree in Math, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Economics, Finance or other quant related field
- Graduate degree in Analytics, Statistics, Business Intelligence or related field is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in Data Analytics, proficiency with analytics software and related education
- Preferred Experience with platforms such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Social Platforms (Facebook/Twitter etc.), Big Data cloud environments and other similar CRM platforms
- Fluency in SQL with strong understanding of relational database constructs
- Intermediate experience in programming software (Python/R)
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau/PowerBI
- Proficiency with MS Office products; in particular, Excel skills (Macros, Pivot Tables, Power Pivot)
- Alteryx data cleansing/pipelining is a plus
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills including pipelining, cleansing, structuring, manipulating, automating, and analyzing data of various types
- Applied data science, modeling, analytics and reporting experience implementing and supporting data platforms to support internal stakeholders and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to share technical results and recommendations to audiences at varying levels of analytic understanding.
- Experience in analytics and report scheduling/automation, using tools ranging from Alteryx to AWS Tools
Compensation Range: $46,500 - $67,500 annually. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
REQ # 23-6654