Publicis Media helps clients drive sustainable business growth by harnessing the modern media landscape to drive one-to-one consumer connections at scale. Led by Sue Frogley, CEO, Publicis Media UK is made up of 2000 people working across market-leading media agencies including Zenith, Starcom and Spark Foundry as well as specialist practices Publicis Media Exchange (PMX), Performics, Publicis Sport & Entertainment, Publicis Media Content and NextTECHnow. Together they combine deep expertise in media investment, strategy, insights and analytics, data and technology, commerce, performance marketing and content. Publicis Media is part of Publicis Groupe and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
Publicis Media is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
We currently are looking for an experienced econometrician (Associate Director level) who is looking to embrace other techniques and develop your consultancy skills.
The most important skill is adaptability. You will be able to think quantitatively and not be wedded to conventional econometrics as being the only way forward. We are a medium sized team and there is an opportunity to set the direction.
You will get involved in exciting and intellectually stimulating projects. Perhaps most importantly, you will grow from being an econometrics specialist to a quantitative marketing consultant.
Some of the responsibilities of this role are to:
- Understand clients’ marketing issues. Synthesize the problem. Develop and deliver the solution.
- Conduct econometric projects. This however represents a small and declining fraction of our business.
- Interpret output from third party suppliers of econometrics. The ability to translate models from other suppliers and build on their work to create client solutions. This represents a growing part of our business.
- Learn and understand how all of our tools work and how to implement them to solve clients’ marketing problems
- Contribute to the develop of new tools and techniques and enhance existing ones.
- Spot opportunities to commercialise Data Science - i.e., help sell solutions and generate healthy levels of income.
- Develop junior members of the team.
To be Successful in this role you will need:
- Be highly numerate and analytical
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Be inquisitive beyond the project brief
- Be highly diligent and be able to conduct analysis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Have a proven ability to convert analysis into real world actionable solutions
- Understand marketing strategy and business issues across clients.
- Have experience conducting econometric modelling – ideally in the field of marketing
- Show a good understanding of MMM model output implications on media planning
- Have experience using modelling platforms (e.g. EViews, MassTer, Stata etc.)
- Have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite (Teams, Excel, Powerpoint),
- Experience of other analytics techniques is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of a programming language (such as R/Python) is desirable but not essential
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.