Engineering Manager - Generative ML Team (Remote within EMEA)
Sep 06, 2023
Riga or Tallinn
James Berdigans, Founder and Executive Chairman of Printify
“Our mission is to build a platform that lets anyone, anywhere unlock their own personal freedom. The freedom to generate income, be your own boss and set your schedule. So far, we’ve seen more than 6 million people sign up to start their own eCommerce businesses with Printify. Because every order is made on-demand, there’s no risk to getting started, just reward for putting in the work. Our aim is to put this power to build a business into the hands of every person who wants to create their own business.”
In 2021, Printify secured $50m in Series A funding led by Index Ventures, founders of the leading technology companies Wise and Squarespace, with participation from H&M Group, Virgin Group, and Will Smith’s Dreamers VC.
The Generative ML team aims to support all Generative ML (AI) initiatives within the company and integrate them into a seamless experience for Merchants, reducing their effort and enhancing their output. As top professionals in the field at Printify, the team executes both the discovery of opportunities and the support of initiatives coming from domain teams.
Furthermore, as a company, we recognize the immense potential of Generative ML technologies in boosting Merchants' output. The Generative ML team is an integral part of a wide range of initiatives across various sections of our application.
You will oversee team members and collaborate with Product Managers and other Engineering Managers across different squads to define project goals, requirements, and technical specifications. Your leadership and technical expertise will be crucial in shaping our engineering projects and helping us achieve our overall objectives.
Ongoing professional development is vital within the team, and ensuring engineers’ growth is essential. Our practices include pair programming, refactoring, code reviews, knowledge-sharing sessions, TDD/BDD, A/B testing, and continuous delivery.
The software we use:
- PHP 8+, Symfony, Doctrine, and Laravel.
- TypeScript, NodeJS – Frameworks from NestJS, Loopback, and Ts.ED.
- Python and ML-related ecosystems.
- Angular, TypeScript, HTML, SCSS, and RxJS.
- Jenkins, Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch.
- Cypress, PHPUnit, and Postman.
- MongoDB, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and Git.
As Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead and support the Engineering Team.
- Work closely with different teams and managers to define project goals.
- Create ML software solutions that meet high standards.
- Constantly elevate technology standards and best practices across the organization.
- Keep us updated with the latest industry trends and advancements.
- Work to align our software development with the company's vision while meeting your team’s goals.
- Define metrics and evaluate the progress and challenges of projects and teams – you’ll report these findings to senior management.
- Nurture a positive, inclusive, innovative work culture reflecting our company values.
- Lead recruitment efforts to attract top engineering talent.
As a Printify Engineering Manager, you’ll have:
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Engineering Manager, Team Lead, or similar role.
- At least 5 years experience in software engineering.
- Collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Printify.
- Empathy, integrity, and the capacity to develop and maintain a healthy team environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of delivering complex projects within deadlines.
- Proven experience in rolling out scalable and robust ML and GenML solutions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing planned and unplanned work effectively.
- Problem-solving skills, with the ability to find the best paths for your team, domain, and the company.
- Flexibility and openness to new approaches when faced with challenges.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
What We Offer:
- Stock options, so you’ll own a part of Printify.
- Opportunity to work fully remotely within EMEA time zones.
- Work from anywhere – our Printify Houses in Riga or Tallinn, your remote home office, or a co-working space.
- Start your workday anywhere between 7 AM and 11 AM.
- Apple MacBook laptop as your standard work equipment.
- International relocation support for candidates who want to work in Riga or Tallinn.
- Access to mentorship, internal meetups, and hackathons both on-site and online.
- A learning budget for your professional development and access to our book library.
- Health insurance or a budget for it, depending on your location and contract.
- Paid health days whenever you need them without a doctor's note, depending on your contract.
- Extra paid days off for well-being, as well as a celebration day of your choice.
- Access to the in-house gym or gym allowance, depending on your location and contract.
Joining Printify means becoming part of an international company with an amazing team that’s grown to over 500 people from various backgrounds.
We play to win together and always strive for excellence. We want to achieve great things and make a meaningful change in our customers’ lives. We value a strong learning culture and a growth mindset.
Words From Our Investors
Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin Group
“Entrepreneurial spirit runs through the Virgin Group, which is why I’m proud to support Printify. Both Printify’s vision and success story to date embed this special entrepreneurial spirit, which in turn has created a rapidly growing and robust eCommerce platform. Printify’s unique proposition helps people market their brands through customizable products with no upfront investment. We’re excited to support its growth in the coming years.”
Elise Fahlen, Investment Manager at H&M CO:LAB
“With the world experiencing rapid growth in on-demand services, H&M Group is thrilled to have invested in Printify and the team behind it. The execution of the founder’s vision and their impressive success to date speaks not only to the scalability of the product but also in their ability to be a long-standing industry leader in this space.”
Dino Becirovic, Principal at Index Ventures
“Printify is the leading marketplace for on-demand manufacturing, offering the largest selection of products and Print Providers. They have removed all the barriers to product creation and enabled over 2 million creators to launch successful merchandise businesses at the push of a button. Over time, as more manufacturers come online and more methods become available, Printify will allow any creator to bring their wildest product ideas to reality.”
At Printify, we are committed to fostering a diverse, fair, and inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other grounds.