Data Engineer/Database Developer– MySQL/PostgreSQL
Nov 19, 2023
Trivandrum / Bengaluru, India
Press Ganey is a dynamic, fast-paced company with high growth potential and a mission to build the largest repository of opinion content in healthcare. Our current customers are some of the largest and most prominent health systems and hospitals in the U.S. With our cloud-based SaaS application, we provide our customers with critical tools to better understand the patient experience that enables them to make significant changes. Our customers understand that online ratings significantly impact new patient volume and revenue. As a result, our customers use our tools to develop a deep and comprehensive understanding about what patients say about them online and manage their online reputation.
As a Database Developer, you will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching.
We are seeking a motivated MySQL/PostgreSQL Developer to come join our agile team of professionals and design, code, and test SQL programs using the database platform to create business logic, reports, exports, and other data related output.
You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentation and specifications as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design stable, reliable, and effective databases
- Create, optimize, and maintain queries and DB procedures, used in our software applications, as well as data extracts and ETL processes
- Exposure to Datawarehouse and OLAP concepts. Any implementation experience in this area is added advantage.
- Profile, optimize and tweak queries and routines for optimal performance.
- Modify and maintain databases, routines, and queries in order to ensure accuracy, maintainability, scalability, and high performance of all our data systems
- Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and correct data and database issues
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions.
- Give design recommendations for database functions that meet business operating standards while improving the efficiency of business processes
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Provide data management support for our users/clients.
- Research, analyze, and recommend upgrades to our data systems
- Prepare documentation and specifications for all deployed queries/routines/processes.
- Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for database development and access.
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team.
- Research and suggest new database products, services, and protocols.
- Proven work experience (Minimum 3 years) as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands-on experience with SQL/Relational Database - MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- (Desired) Experience with Amazon Web Services RDS offering.
- Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
- Self-starter with a positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
- BE/B.Tech/MCA/MSc Computer Science or equivalent
BE/B.Tech/MCA/MSc Computer Science or equivalent
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.