Data Analyst, Customer Insights
Nov 10, 2023
500 Lakeshore Ave, Toronto, ON
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Why is this role important
The objective of our Payment Decision Support, Product and Insights team is to provide reporting and analytics services to allow PC Financial to capitalize on diverse sources of data to improve the understanding of customer behaviors to drive profitability and improve customer experience. This role will be responsible for providing accurate, timely and actionable insights and reporting solutions to enable evidence-based decisions for the Product department.
What you'll do
- Be hands-on coding - extracting, preparing, and analyzing large data sets
- Familiarity with modern data platforms and tools, and the ability to quickly adapt to emerging technologies such as GCP and Python.
- Work with partners across the organization to provide data support on business initiatives
- Apply advanced analytics and build models to understand our customers and discover business opportunities.
- Interact with partners at various levels to perform data analysis and advanced analytics use-cases centered in Marketing Analytics.
- Create business critical end-to-end reporting and data processes: Perform ad-hoc analysis based on heterogeneous data sources to support business teams.
- Closely adhere to legal guidelines regarding working with sensitive and confidential information
What you bring
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role, preferably in financial services/banking domain
- University degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Analytics/Mathematics/Statistics
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL data extraction and manipulation tools
- Hands on with Python and SAS. Modeling experience is a bonus.
- Experience with BI tools and Cloud technology, such as Tableau and Google Cloud Platform.
- Understanding of data warehouse, data mart concepts
- Passionate about telling a story through data.
- Be curious to understand the business model and customer journey to extract insights.
- Proactive approach to identifying opportunities and challenges in data-driven projects
- Sound communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactive in seeking feedback, refining solutions, and anticipating challenges
- Demonstration of problem-solving using combination of technical know-how, soft skills, and business acumen
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem solver who can learn quickly
- Able to plan and organize effectively
- Experience in any of the following domains would be considered an asset: financial services/banking, credit cards/payments, credit risk, marketing campaigns
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.