PrePass is a Software as a Service (SaaS) and technology solutions company in the transportation industry and the leader in the trucking weigh station, toll bypass, and software space. We partner with states and transportation companies reduce traffic, fuel usage, safety risk, and pollution while increasing productivity! PrePass, with 340+ employees (and growing), has employees in 25 states.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be a member of a data-centric development team responsible for developing pipelines for data ingestion, processing, and distribution. You will be challenged with identifying innovative solutions to meet the needs of our growing business. One of the major duties of this position is to help drive the transformation of a legacy data integration platform to a contemporary cloud-native solution. The ideal candidate would be excited by data infrastructure and processes with a familiarity working in cloud environments. This is a Phoenix, Arizona based hybrid position.
What We Want You to Do:
- Collaborate with team to design and implement a strategy for re-architecting legacy SQL Server Integration Services [SSIS].
- Develop and manage cloud-native data pipelines with ADF and Databricks.
- Build data lake storage with a medallion architecture.
- Formulate complex SQL queries for transforming and collating data across multiple sources.
- Design data architecture with scalability, maintainability, and testability in mind.
- Develop comprehensive solutions for logging, error reporting and alerting.
- Troubleshoot data integration and data quality issues, diagnose failures, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures.
- Participate in proof-of-concept exercises and prototyping. Provide analysis and recommendations based on your findings.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of overall experience in designing and building large scale database solutions.
- Expert T-SQL development skills including query optimization and stored procedures.
- Experience programming in Python/Pyspark/SparkSQL.
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL processes and architecting complex data pipelines.
- Committed to delivering on value-added innovation. Eager to learn and experiment with new technology.
It Would Be Great if You Also Have:
- Proficient knowledge and experience with .Net framework, C#.
- Experience in Azure Cloud and ETL cloud tooling.
- Familiarity of event driven architecture – queues, batches, and pub/sub models.
- Experience programming in Scala.
- Experience working with data from enterprise systems like ERPs and CRMs.
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD implementation methodologies.
Additional Reasons this Job is Amazing
Benefits & Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacation.
- Paid Sick.
- Paid Company Recognized Holidays / Paid Floating Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision that start on date of hire – no waiting period.
- 4 Medical Plans to Select From (one plan option is 100% Employer-Paid for employee-only coverage)!!
- 401(k) plan with strong employer match.
- Employer-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Long-Term Disability.
- Supplemental Insurance Available.
- Pet Discount Program.
- Legal Discount Program.
- Employee Discount Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Certification Reimbursement Program.
- Internal Advancement Opportunities.
- Hybrid schedule - combination of remote and onsite in Phoenix office.
- Brand new office located in downtown Phoenix equipped with sit/stand workstations.
- Business casual dress, jeans everyday.
- Surround yourself with those that you can learn from and build your skills.
- Industry-leaders, strong brand.
- Culture that values innovation. For example, opportunity to participate in an “Innovation Contest” with monetary awards and recognition.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Work environment where you have a lot of independence.
- Growth opportunities.
- Centrally located in gorgeous downtown Phoenix; our brand‐new office space was designed to create an employee centric safe work environment!
- Ability to work with a purpose and make an impact on our planet.