Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), ART (UTC -3), UTC -4, UTC -4:30, UTC -3, UTC -2
Our goal is to help restaurants operate more effectively and efficiently. Repair and maintenance operations are a major burden for restaurants of all sizes, so we’re building software to save them time and money, freeing them to focus on what matters: making delicious food.
We’re growing a company where we are proud to work. Prefix is remote-first with a flexible schedule. We strive to be clear in our communication and over-communicate by default. It's early stage, so you’ll have a big opportunity to shape the product and how our business develops. We’re seeking personalities, experiences, and opinions to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- We recently closed a 2.5M Seed round and are looking to add a fourth full stack engineer that can make a significant impact as we continue to grow and deliver our product to thousands of restaurants across the US.
- We’re looking for someone that's deeply product minded. Ideally you want to own technical decisions and can deliver core features in quick and productive iterative cycles. You enjoy the reward and challenge of taking a Figma design and delivering it to production while filling in all the gaps: new database schema changes, backend apis, react components, cypress specs, thoughtful refactoring, etc.
- You have 4+ years experience as a full stack software engineer ( client, server-side, infra ) working in tech companies with a track record of thoughtful software delivery where you shipped product frequently.
- You are comfortable pair programming with colleagues several hours each week to learn, to mentor, to unblock, and to have fun. You want to have visibility and input into the direction of the product and the business.
- Github Actions
- Google Cloud
- We’re working in two week cycles with retrospectives and have a one week cooldown period every two of these cycles. We have async standups to stay on the same page and frequently collaborate on ways to track and improve our productivity.
- We’re fans of Linear and use this for our roadmap and cycle planning. Our synchronous expectations are reasonable availability for weekly 1:1s, pairing, and planning/design sessions. Otherwise, we want to empower you to work on your schedule.
- When possible we aim to meet in-person for company off-sites each quarter. It’s an opportunity to strengthen relationships, get to know each other better off screen, and sync on work with everyone in the room.
- Competitive salary with equity: 155K - 190K, 0.25 - 0.5%
- Remote First – work anywhere you want. We require reasonable availability 11am-6pm Eastern for weekly 1:1s, pair-programming, and design/planning/retrospective meetings
- Free gigabit internet – we think this is essential, but it can be pricey, so we’ll cover it
- $4k WFH office budget – Get the computer, desk, chair, headphones, or whatever else you need to work from home comfortably
- 4 weeks vacation – time off is important, we’ll encourage you use it all
- Standard benefit stuff – 100% individual healthcare coverage and 401(k) options
- Short 15-30 minute open conversation to learn more about you, what you’re looking for, and the role we have
- 45 minute pair-programming – bare repo with some exercises or coding on a feature in your side project
- 1 hour system design / domain modeling exercise
- 1 hour meeting the team with a followup 1:1 with our CEO, Jared