Satellite Image Processing and AI Engineer
Nov 14, 2023
Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Hi there! We call you from outside the Earth.
We, as Plan-S, are Turkey’s largest private initiative in satellite and space technologies. With the aim of building the best team, being the bravest and most visionary, we are located in the most amazing location of the city, at the hearth of R&D.
We design and build small satellites for low-earth orbit, geostationary satellites, and even small spacecrafts for the moon and beyond. We offer our customers end-to-end satellite as a service solutions.
We believe that the hardest jobs and the greatest achievements can only be done with the best. If you believe that you are one of the best, it is your job to achieve the hardest, and if you want to plan a new future for the world, join Plan-S!
- Develop image processing algorithms (L0 to L4 as described in EOSDIS) for images taken by multi-spectral satellite cameras,
- Develop AI algorithms for satellite based remote sensing applications,
- Design, customize and utilize ML/DL models,
- Support pre-launch and post-launch calibration activities,
- Support the focal plane assembly characterization activities,
- Implement the image processing pipeline for individual payload,
- Follow the SOTA on ML/DL and report,
- Collaborate with systems, hardware, and software engineers for the continuous development of the image processing pipeline.
- Bachelor's / Master's or preferably Doctorate degree from the Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or relevant departments with a strong background in digital signal processing,
- Knowledge and experience on satellite based remote sensing applications,
- Knowledge and experience on ML/DL model development, optimization, and deployment,
- Strong knowledge and understanding of image formation, image processing and computer vision, statistical signal processing,
- At least 3+ years of experience in image processing and computer vision,
- Strong background in C/C++, Python and Octave,
- Experience with at least one ML/DL frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.
- Understanding of geometric and radiometric effects on electro-optical payloads,
- Knowledge and experience in Linux operating systems, shell scripting and software version control (e.g. git, svn, etc.),
- Knowledge and experience on on-board image processing hardware,
- Experience and knowledge on multiview geometry,
- Very good English proficiency in reading, writing and speaking,
- Initiative and proactive to find the best and fastest way to get the right decision.
- The opportunity to shape “New Space”
- Great work environment, opportunity to get responsibilities in the first day
- Strong work & team culture empowering autonomy, self-discipline, and personal growth
- Competitive compensation package
- Wide range side benefits package