Data Operations Associate, fluent in Arabic
Nov 18, 2023
London, England, United Kingdom
At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve, and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We’re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy, and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there’s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We’re willing to take risks, fail fast, and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
At PitchBook, we believe that the Data Operations team plays a vital role in setting us apart from our competitors. We take immense pride in providing top-quality data to our customers, while also being accountable, collaborative and receptive to feedback. Our team members are highly engaged, detail-oriented and always eager to learn and grow as our industry evolves.
Our reputation for excellence is a direct result of our deep commitment to building the world's best private market database and we recognize the importance of investing in our team members from day one. That's why we offer specialized training and a mentorship program that is tailored specifically to the needs of the Data Operations team.
We value and celebrate the diverse perspectives, talents and experiences of our team members and recognize the importance of building trust and strong cross-functional partnerships. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to take your career to new heights, we invite you to join us at PitchBook.
A Data Operations Associate at PitchBook is initially focused on becoming proficient in our in-house developed Research Tool Suite (RTS) and our proprietary Primary outreach tools. Once proficient, they will be responsible for outreach via email and telephone to contacts at entities within one of PitchBook’s core datasets. This will require the associate to create outreach strategies, create outreach batch and email templates, conduct email and phone call campaigns, and process client requests. The main objective of this role is to ensure PitchBook has the most accurate, comprehensive, and timely data available.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Become proficient in one of PitchBook’s core data areas of operation, including: private equity, venture capital, M&A, or Institutional Investors
- Leverage our in-house database, business intelligence reports, and other technology-based tools to ensure that proprietary data is audited and added to the PitchBook Platform efficiently while adhering to complex research tracking methodologies to ensure that data is of the utmost quality
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals to enhance the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the PitchBook Platform
- Manage and drive effective email and call campaigns with the goal of gathering and verifying private market data
- Consistently provide quality customer service, responding to requests from internal and external customers daily
- Partner with Marketing, Editorial, and Customer Success teams to tailor email messaging to clients and better understand client use cases
- Collaborate with other members of the Primary team and the broader Data Operations department to develop and improve processes, tools, and methodologies, identifying opportunities to improve upon the core quality metrics (comprehensiveness, accuracy, and timeliness)
- Gather team feedback and utilize PowerBI reports to identify root causes of systemic data problems and drive operational, methodological, and RTS Database improvements
- Work closely with our Data Operations team in Mumbai to ensure we are accurately and comprehensively entering data into the PitchBook platform. This relationship includes auditing work for any issues that result from translation discrepancies as well as joining calls to share best practices and process improvement ideas
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with your team and other stakeholders across the Data Operations department to provide updates on project progress, address roadblocks, and celebrate wins
- Support the vision and values of the company by setting an example and demonstrating desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional working proficiency in Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 – 2 years of work experience, including any internship experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable to engage a diverse array of audiences
- Enjoy relationship building and conversing with new people every day and comfortable to engage a diverse group of industry contacts
- Ability to operate with a strong sense of urgency and deliver results
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented attitude and can work effectively as an individual or as part of a team
- Interest in financial markets or services, particularly private equity and venture capital
- Possess terrific prioritization skills to handle a large volume of outbound calls on a daily basis
- Analytical and process-oriented with a dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to problem solve and use judgment to make decisions when faced with ambiguous situations
- Highly curious with a positive attitude
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
Benefits at PitchBook:
- Private medical insurance
- Dental scheme
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- Life cover
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid parental leave
- Education subsidies
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Minimum 25 days annual leave and volunteer days
- Employee resource groups
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 8% Pension contribution
- Income protection
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It’s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we’ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.