Sr Software Engineer (AIOps Security Platform)
Nov 10, 2023
Santa Clara, CA, United States
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
You will have the opportunity to build a career solving network security challenges leveraging advanced machine learning techniques on exabytes of data. You will help create and deliver the most advanced AI and Machine Learning enabled solutions to discover threats, provide intelligence and protect devices.
- Drive the architecture and development for key modules on our next-generation Deep Learning based AIOps security platform as part of Cloud management
- Develop architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric
- Own the organizational objective of end-to-end services health and customer experience
- Cultivate a safe work culture that inspires individual decision-making and innovation
- Coach for frequent and effective feedback among team members
- Demonstrated ownership of solutions for scalable Observability, CI/CD, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automated security solutions covering several dozen micro services running on thousands of instances and containers
- 5+ experience in design, algorithms and data structures - Expertise with one or more of the following is a must - Java, Python, Cloud services, Data platforms
- Able to weigh several, often conflicting constraints, and make quick decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.
- Possess technical experience in Observability/Visibility Engineering, Security, Cloud Infrastructure, Domain Controllers in order to recognize the important decisions your team faces and provide meaningful feedback
- Previous experience building and running high-scale geographically distributed always-on systems.
- A good mix of Unix toolchain and development experience in a combination of native, managed and scripting programming languages.
- Experience with large-scale cluster management systems like Kubernetes and Mesos is desirable.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent military experience required
- 5+ years of industry experience
Drawing on the near real-time data collected through PAN-OS device telemetry, our industry-leading next generation insights product (AIOps for NGFW) gives large cybersecurity operators a force multiplier that provides visibility into the health of their next-generation-firewall (NGFW) devices. It enables early detection of issues at various levels of the stack via advanced time-series forecasting and anomaly detection using novel deep learning techniques. Our goal is to be able to prevent service-impacting issues in critical security infrastructure that operates 24/7/365 with zero false positives and zero false negatives.You will be working on the best large language model in the cyber security industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $132,600/yr to $205,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.