Sr Principal Machine Learning Engineer (AI, NLP, LLMs)
Sep 15, 2023
Santa Clara, CA, United States
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
You will have the opportunity to build a career solving network security challenges leveraging advanced machine learning techniques on exabytes of data. You will help create and deliver the most advanced AI and Machine Learning enabled solutions to detect and remediate network issues, discover threats, provide intelligence and protect devices.
- You will work in a fast paced team to create and deliver new product and mission features to the network and security platform that many customers use on a daily basis
- You will actively engage and contribute to the network security community through collaborations
- You will be part of the team that is leading and driving industry technology evolution in and creating a positive impact on business
- Design and development of workflow frameworks using AI/ML, with result collection and visualization, monitoring tools
- Creation and delivery of training materials
- M.S. or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or equivalent military experience required
- 8+ years industry experience in Machine Learning techniques and data analytics
- 8+ years experience in design, algorithms and data structures - Expertise with one or more of the following languages is must - Java, Python, Golang
- Proven track record in solving difficult real world problems by applying Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow, NLP, Large Language Models, Generative AI, Langchain, Transformer models or related areas is a big plus
- Experience with LLaMA is a big plus
- Thorough understanding of ML Ops best practices, ability to design, test, measure algorithms/models and orchestrate - Experience working with Google Vertex AI platform will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- A self driven individual contributor and an excellent team player
We are on a mission to build the industry's best Security large language model.
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $170,000/yr to $275,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.