Sr Principal Machine Learning Engineer (AI, NLP, LLM, Generative AI)
Sep 03, 2023
Santa Clara, CA, United States
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Our Approach to Work
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
You will have the opportunity to build a career solving network security challenges leveraging advanced machine learning techniques on exabytes of data. You will help create and deliver the most advanced AI and Machine Learning enabled solutions to discover threats, provide intelligence and protect devices.
- You will work in a fast paced team to create and deliver new product and mission features to the security platform that many customers use on a daily basis
- You will actively engage and contribute to the security community through collaborations
- You will be part of the team that is leading and driving industry technology evolution in security and creating a positive impact on business
- Design and development of workflow frameworks (using formal methods and algorithms), with result collection and visualization, monitoring tools
- Creation and delivery of training materials
- M.S. or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent military experience required
- 8+ years industry experience in Machine Learning techniques and data analytics
- 8+ experience in design, algorithms and data structures - Expertise with one or more of the following languages is must - Java, C++, Python, Rust
- Experience with NLP, Recommender Systems, and LLM is strongly preferred
- Experience with Formal Methods toolchain (z3, cvc5, TLA+) will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- A self driven individual contributor and an excellent team player
Drawing on the near real-time data collected through PAN-OS device telemetry, our industry-leading next generation insights product (AIOps for NGFW) gives large cybersecurity operators a force multiplier that provides visibility into the health of their next-generation-firewall (NGFW) devices. It enables early detection of issues at various levels of the stack via advanced time-series forecasting and anomaly detection using novel deep learning techniques. Our goal is to be able to prevent service-impacting issues in critical security infrastructure that operates 24/7/365 with zero false positives and zero false negatives.You will be working on the best large language model in the cyber security industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $166,600/yr to $250,500/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.