Principal Data Science - Security Team (Cortex)
Sep 08, 2023
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
Are you passionate about using cutting edge data science techniques to help protect the world against cyberthreats? Do you live and breathe the cybersecurity world? Do you want to take part in an innovative and disruptive team that will have an impact on the lives of many customers? Do you want to work with the most recent machine learning technologies of large language models?
You will bring a strong knowledge of using a variety of data mining and data analysis methods to build and implement features, models, algorithms, and run experiments. Your strong security knowledge will ensure that you are driving decisions based on a real-life security context and deep understanding. You will be part of the design and development of a new groundbreaking ML-based security solution, including most recent technology of large language models
- Be part of a diverse research group that is leading cutting edge technologies to protect our customers
- Use analytical rigor and statistical methods, programming and data modeling to analyze large amounts of data and use your cyber expertise to focus us in the right direction with the right context
- Break apart problems scientifically, providing insight into your recommendations and findings to both technical and non-technical partners
- Collaborate and lead end-to-end efforts within the team, and with the engineering and product teams
- Generate and test hypotheses, designing experiments to answer targeted questions of advanced complexity
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processes, leading approaches, final algorithm, and detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- +5 years of experience as a Security Researcher \ Software Engineer \ Security Engineer \ Data Scientist
- A proven experience and background in Cybersecurity
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning \ Computer Science \ Electrical Engineering \ Physics \ Statistics \ Applied Math \ other
- Deep knowledge of probability, statistical, and machine learning models with a proven track record in choosing, modifying, and applying advanced algorithms to address practical problems
- Working experience in analytics, data mining, and/or predictive modeling, and data interpretation
- Proven experience in running end-to-end research POCs from ideas to customer impact solutions including the design, execution, analysis, and conclusions of your research, methodologies, and outcomes
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to present research results in a clear and meaningful manner
- Confident interacting with business peers to understand and identify use cases, with a strong ability to articulate solutions and present them to business partners
- Proficient hands-on coding skills (e.g. Python)
- Experience with SQL or related query languages
- Experience with Big Data and cloud platforms (e.g GCP, AWS)
- Experience with XDR/EDR/NDR products
- Experience with LLM (large language models)
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.