Market Operations Data Analyst (Remote, U.S. & Canada)
Nov 08, 2023
United States - Remote
OhmConnect was founded to help bring 100% clean energy to everyone. We are solving massive inefficiencies in energy markets, changing how people use and view energy, and connecting smart homes with the smart grid. We build products that connect deeply with consumers and invite them to take action to positively impact the planet, their communities, and their wallets. Do you want to use your skills for meaningful work increasing carbon free energy on the electric grid? OhmConnect, the leader in providing residential energy resources to the grid, is seeking a Market Operations Data Analyst to help us bring and grow clean energy and capacity in the California, New York and other energy markets.
Our products encompass:
- Customer-facing applications that use home automation control and behavior modeling to shape household energy use
- Integrations with a growing set of devices and appliances: smart plugs, thermostats, electric vehicle chargers, water heaters, etc.
- Smart meter data ingestion and analysis for household energy use forecast
- Bidding, monitoring and settlement processes for energy markets
We strongly encourage candidates to check out our website at www.ohmconnect.com to learn more about the world-changing work we are doing.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer striving to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they have a voice that is heard.
As a Market Operations Analyst, you’ll be part of the team responsible for the day-to-day fulfillment of OhmConnect’s multi-million dollar portfolio of energy market contracts through operating our virtual power plants (VPPs) built by a network of residential energy users in California and New York.
As a member of OhmConnect’s Market Development and Operations (MD&O) team, you will execute key analytical tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly cadence that enable OhmConnect to visualize and optimize our resources, improve process efficiencies across our VPPs, and provide insights to drive internal performance strategy. You will assist in creating databases to analyze and extract data for internal strategy and regulatory compliance data requests. Your day-to-day work will focus particularly on the California and New York electricity markets, both of which are at the forefront of innovation in zero-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs).
What You Will Do
- Execute analytical tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to support VPP operations across multiple electric markets
- Update and maintain key databases and dashboards for the MD&O teams, including performance analysis, user growth, and financial performance
- Understanding of MD&O team operations and needs across multiple markets; conduct analysis to to provide insights and recommendations to inform and improve VPP performance
- Construct framework for and execute data requests to respond to inquiries by counterparties and regulatory agencies, and to inform MD&O strategy and operations
- Work externally with contract counterparties, and regulatory agencies to satisfy operational, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Work across internal teams including Data, Engineering, Finance, Policy, Marketing and Product to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while meeting operational and strategic milestones
- Proficiency with SQL
- Familiarity with using Python notebooks to explore data, conduct analysis and streamline operational processes
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and ability to scope, break down and solve complex problems
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Comfort with and ability to make decisions under uncertainty
- Excellent 1-on-1 and team communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fully-remote work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years work experience in electric market operations (strongly preferred)
- A competitive compensation package based on experience; the base salary for this role is: $87.5k - $110k
- Fully remote work environment with home office set-up allowance.
- Real and lived work-life balance -— company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actually actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of working sustainably.
- Competitive benefits package that includes a full suite of wellness benefits.
- Company stock options
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about halting climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day
Not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.