Software Engineer, Distributed Training, Machine Learning
Sep 15, 2023
Mountain View, California (HQ)
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Team
Our team is growing and we are looking for talented engineers to join us. Nuro is pursuing a ML-first software stack. The ML Infra team is building scalable machine learning infrastructure and distributed training solutions to empower the ML development at Nuro.
About the Work
Depending on your skillset and areas of interest you will work on some or all of the following:
- Research and develop new distributed training frameworks and strategies to support training deep learning models with growing sizes.
- Improve model training speed by optimizing Tensorflow, Pytorch and Cuda kernel implementation.
- Engineer advanced tools to profile and monitor model training performance across all teams, to detect and triage training problems.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent experience in PhD.
- You have solid experience in building a cloud-based distributed training platform, which fully supports data and model parallelism.
- You have experience investigating and optimizing training performance bottlenecks for deep learning models.
- You are passionate about accelerating the benefits of robotics for everyday life.
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected base pay range is between $167,200 and $250,800 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.