Nu was born in 2013 with the mission to fight complexity to empower people in their daily lives by reinventing financial services. We are one of the world’s largest digital banking platforms, serving millions of customers across Brazil, Mexico, and Colombia.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Senior Data Scientist to join our acquisition team. This role focuses on applying innovative machine learning methodologies to our risk model and developing causal machine learning approaches for the initial line assignment workflow in Colombia.
You will be responsible for
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientists to integrate the team and develop data-based solutions for the Credit Strategy team
- Translate complex business challenges into specific and well-designed machine learning solutions that meet business requirements;
- Design the implementation of experiments;
- Integrate and leverage external data sources to feed our models;
- Provide technical guidance for more junior team members;
- Ensure the team maintains a high level of technical excellence;
- Contribute to a technical culture in the local team.
- Bring expertise to the team to help design and prioritize projects across the many areas involved in building machine learning products (training, deployment, data consistency, monitoring, governance, etc.)
We are looking for a persona who has
- Strong coding skills Python/Scala or equivalent languages;
- Experimental design skills;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with business and engineering;
- Good understanding of model development and deployment pipeline;
- Experience with machine learning tools and libraries such as Scikit-learn, Mllib and etc;
- Nice data handling skills, Spark Dataframes, or SQL proficiency is a plus;
- English language proficiency.
- Chance of earning equity at Nubank
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves
- Health and life insurance
- NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
- Nucleo - Our learning platform of courses
- NuLanguage - Our language learning program
- Gym partnership
Our Nu Way of Working
Our work model is hybrid and has cycles that can be from two to three months according to the business of expertise. For every eight or twelve weeks of remote work, one will be one week at the office. Check more information here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Nu, we want to be sure that we're building a more diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the customers we serve and seek to empower. That's why we hire based on equality. We consider gender, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other identity markers as enriching elements to our company while ensuring neither of them represent a barrier when recruiting fantastic talent.