Data Integrity Coordinator I- Full time, Days
Sep 03, 2023
Chicago, IL, United States
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Data Integrity Coordinator I reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Reviews various internal and external computerized systems and reports to determine correct patient identifying information for Northwestern Medicine Master Patient Index (MPI) and CIS.
- Utilizes technical expertise to analyze system-related changes and participates in testing of various software modifications.
- Monitors report creation, electronic transfer and dissemination, updates systems accordingly to assure patient care data integrity.
- Supports high customer standards by responding to offsite vendors, internal customers and physician inquiries for patient information.
- Maintains CIS data integrity by flagging In ERROR patient results.
- Maintain the integrity of the systems Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI).
- Participates in patient database loads and analysis to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for Epic Chart Correction functions, and participate as an active member of the Chart Correction Data Integrity Team and Chart Correction Task Force.
- Troubleshoots merging errors, monitors Merge Review report, communicates with departments on corrections of errors that prevent merge (overlapping appointments, Care Everywhere linking, wrong patient status etc.).
- Performs un-merge function for incorrectly merged MRN.
- Correction of registration errors related to wrong provider assignment in DNB status per department request.
- Maintains the workflow for Care Everywhere and Epic Care Link, including requestor calls, as well as working closely with the Document Management on scanned requests.
- Maintain the HIM responsibilities of the SER Provider Database (BlueMan), and works with the Medical Staff Office to maintain the referring provider database for the system.
- Updates provider index upon review of OIG/IDFPR Sanction and Discipline reports.
- Responsible for ServiceNow tickets for Chart Correction, contact moves, merges, patient status updates, demographic changes, removal of inaccurately scanned documentation in Media Manager.
- Responsible for working Epic Report Queues.
- Responsible for importing external results into the clinical record.
- Assures continuous quality management of data standards and content is key to ensuring that information is usable and actionable.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of overall division work and ensure data integrity with procedures for data collection and input.
- Applies analytical and problem-solving skills to identify opportunities for improvement in data quality.
- Implement tools to monitor and improve data integrity to include end-user training.
- Monitor department supplies to provide Operations Coordinator details regarding supply orders.
- Mediate communication within the department, internal, and external customers.
- Assist with record processing, and/or training when needed.
- Retrieve patient medical records from clinical units throughout campus.
- Process and scan patient medical records into the enterprise electronic health record.
- Quality check scanned documents and report errors to the Operations Coordinator.
- Perform CD image uploads to LifeIMAGE and push radiology exams to PACS.
- Monitor and resolve Epic failed fax worklist.
- Monitor and complete patient status orders in Epic.
- Additionally, performs all other duties as assigned by the Operations Coordinator and/or Manager.
- Associate's degree in any field or minimum 3 years in a hospital or medical office environment focusing on customer service, medical billing, data abstraction, transcription, health information, etc.
- Strong customer service skills with heavy attention to detail.
- Oral, written and open communication skills along with analytical, leadership, organization, planning and time management skills.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrates ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or RHIT/RHIA credentials.
- 5 years of relative experience in a hospital health information management department.
- Demonstration of medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience with expiration process on local or federal level.
- Experience with Epic patient record database.
- Strong systems support experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.