_Are you passionate about data engineering and data architecture? Would you like to build solutions that create actual business value? At Nitor, we help our clients to succeed with data.
🧑🚀 Your future role
As a Senior Data Engineer at Nitor, your aim is to help our customers extract business value from data with a pragmatic approach, focusing on solving their challenges with the right tools. Your responsibilities might include creating data-intensive applications, automating and orchestrating data pipelines, and simplifying complex technical entities into more common-sense solutions.
Communication with the customer is crucial, and training our customer’s experts to use and maintain the provided solution is also an intriguing part of your job.
Our customer projects are typically challenging yet professionally rewarding. The projects provide an experienced Senior Data Engineer with the possibility to widely utilize and deepen their skill set. The duration of the projects usually ranges between one year and multiple years, depending on your preferences. Our data business unit Nitor Insight, established in 2018, is a tight-knit and startup-like community with an exceptionally high level of data know-how.
✅ What makes you successful as a Senior Data Engineer at Nitor?
- Several years of previous work experience in software development (we often work with Python, sometimes you might encounter Scala or Clojure in a client project). Consulting experience is a bonus but not a strict requirement.
- Experience of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP) and relational databases
- Mastering the tools needed to create data-intensive applications (e.g. Spark, Kafka)
- Ability to automate and manage data pipelines and simplify complex technical entities into more common-sense solutions
- You possess a consultative and customer-centric mindset
- Professional proficiency in Finnish is considered an advantage
- Most importantly: you are passionate about data engineering, and you actively follow the newest developments in the industry
**🏆 Why should you choose Nitor?
A set of benefits that makes a difference
In addition to meaningful projects and customized possibilities for professional development, we offer you a profound set of employee benefits. Nitor is built in a way that it can support your career development, sustainable work pace, and well-being.
Here are some examples of our employee benefits:
- You can use 10% of your work time for your professional development however you choose, and your employer will support it.
- Would you like to participate in an exciting event in your field? You can use up to five workdays a year for training or conference trips anywhere in the world.
- You will have your personal, monthly updated "iron bank" consisting of 7.100€ which you can freely use to acquire preferred work tools and home office supplies.
- You will get full holidays from the beginning of your employment, no matter what time of the year you start.
- Full culture and sports benefits, massage benefit, and commuting and bicycle benefits
- A 500-2000€ bonus for each professional certificate you complete
- An extensive set of health benefits with health insurance, covering special healthcare, dental care, and psychological support, among others
- We cherish our sense of community with our yearly employee trips (we have been, e.g., to Pisa, Berlin, Vienna, Edinburgh, and Dubrovnik, as well as the skiing centers of the North), seasonal events, and weekly get-togethers and breakfasts. You're welcome to join our running club, wine tasting, movie nights, HIIT training, or board game club, among others!
- Our way of working is grounded in trust, openness, and mutual respect; each Nitorean brings their unique quality to the company. We value and cherish our differences and the added value this brings to our customers.
About your future employer
Nitor is a digital engineering company founded in 2007 with over 220 experts working for it, building a better future. Each Nitorean is a digital engineer; a pragmatic and solution-oriented team player who does not settle for assumptions. Extremely high expertise and pride for our own and our colleagues' work are things we all have in common. We work with the largest enterprises in Finland, helping them succeed in building a better digital world.
Our growth is solid; for example, our turnover grew by 8,2% in 2021. In 2022, Onway's research gave us the best place for customer satisfaction in the IT sector for the tenth time. In addition, our employees continuously report exceptionally high satisfaction with Nitor as an employer. Middle management, micro-management, and repetitive and minimally impactful customer projects are things you cannot find here. At Nitor, you can trust us to take care of everything else, allowing you to focus entirely on your work.
🏖 Nitor's recruitment process
Our recruitment process reflects our values and is a clear dialogue with four stages. You will have the possibility to meet at least four Nitoreans during the process. We offer you everything you need to know when deciding on your next workplace.
1. Get to know Nitor: We map what is most important to you in your career. Our People Partner and our Principal Data Scientist / Managing Director will tell you about Nitor, our projects, and what your work at Nitor could look like.
2. A technical interview: You will meet two of our consultants, who will form an understanding of the strengths and extent of your expertise. You will also gain first-hand knowledge of our projects and Nitor as an employer.
3. Open questions: We double-check that you have all the answers to your possible questions. We specify your future role at Nitor and prepare the basis for your upcoming job offer.
4. Presenting the offer
Sounds promising? Would you like to join our community of data professionals, coders, designers, and agile coaches and get to enjoy a creative and bureaucracy free working culture? Submit your application and let's talk more!
Also, please note that you will need to be authorized to work in Finland or Sweden in order to proceed in our recruitment process.