NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This role will provide analytical and technical support for senior team members and the Thought Leadership team within the global Marketing and Communications organization. A data analyst will be in support of developing in depth, predictive thought leadership content that will be utilized in white papers, C-suite T2T presentations, industry events and content. The role will be operating with an analytical focus that requires category or CPS knowledge. The analyst will bring best in class analysis of trends, insights to be able to arm the economist and content team with actionable insights, predictive statements delivered through data stories that have relevance and impact for clients and our industries. The analyst will maintain ownership for all CPS deliverables throughout the lifecycle.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Graduate (Bachelor/Master)
- 2+ Years in CPG / Retail industry
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, conditional functions (advance formula), conditional formatting, chart building, and formatting); PowerPoint, knowledge of VBA is an asset.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- CPG/ Retail Expertise
- Business Intelligence tool experience
- Proactive, flexible and self-motivated attitude
- Strong communication skills, ability to document, present and educate others
- Willingness to take ownership and see projects to completion
- Ability to anticipate the bigger picture and are holistic by nature
- Experience and desire to create process documentation
- Fluent communication in English - verbal and written (at least C1 level)
- Results-oriented personality and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good time- and workload management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience in working in a virtual environment and in a multicultural setting
- Diligence and attention to detail
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the execution of projects by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting sales data and consumer data, to identify trends, patterns to develop actionable insights + build presentations.
- Summarize data in tables, charts, and graphs, reviewing data for errors and inconsistencies.
- Draft reports and presentations with simple data interpretation (category overview as well as issue-based).
- Set up and refresh regular reports, including commentaries and highlights (CPS)
- Share and actively search for best practice examples and implement the approach in their own work whenever possible.
- Support other team members during client meetings and presentations
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.