At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology.
We are presently looking for a Data Analyst who is part of our Gracenote Content operations team. The Content operations team is responsible for the ingestion and enrichment of our metadata for use by our clients. This role is to assist in the organization’s journey to leverage our vast metadata content and provide insights into our data quality. In order to deliver high-quality standards, the Data Analyst will work as a subject matter expert on measuring data quality, accessing and combining datasets for use in quality projects, and supporting our vision of proactive communication to the clients in regard to the health of our databases and our products. Familiarity with analytical systems, data visualization, and data automation are key areas to succeed in this role. Experience in AWS cloud services is a plus.
- Works with the Quality Office and cross-functional teams to develop a deep understanding of Gracenote data flows and provide insights into the data quality of our Video, Music, and Sports clients.
- Utilize multiple tools to implement modular code and refine data queries from multiple databases, data warehouses, data lakes to perform data analysis, data visualizations, and answer clients as well as internal queries.
- Integrate, assemble, summarize, validate, and disseminate data from numerous systems to present feasibility and data quality recommendations to stakeholders within the context of their business questions.
- Analyze and validate data quality measures and thresholds and implement quality escapes, reports and dashboards to monitor and analyze metrics and KPIs for GN Content Document thoroughly all reporting and analysis projects
Qualification and Skills
- BS Degree in related discipline and 5+ years’ experience in Data Analytics.
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, dashboarding and reporting, involving large datasets and multiple data sources data Analytics experience (ability to analyze and provide insights without advanced familiarity with dataset).
- Experience creating KPIs and using BI reporting tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc)Extensive experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Talend) with a track record of clean, efficient code design.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English for working with global partners.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!