At Netflix, we seek to entertain the world. We have more than 200 million members in 190 countries, reflecting that great stories can come from anywhere and be loved everywhere. Within Product, we have a very high velocity in innovations in the member experience. We never stop challenging ourselves and are constantly thinking about connecting with our members in new ways or even in new domains!
Member Product DSE is at the forefront of these innovations with a mission to relentlessly improve Netflix member experience within our streaming and new verticals services across TV, Mobile & Web by surfacing insights. The team collaborates extensively with Product and Engineering teams to identify, incubate and enable product innovations leveraging robust measurement techniques (analytics, experimentation, modeling) and scalable tooling.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll be at the forefront of product innovation. You’ll work with other data scientists, data and analytics engineers, and business teams to drive product vision and advance measurement strategy through new metrics, methodological approaches, and deep dive analyses.
Visit our culture deck and our Research page to learn about what it’s like to work on Analytics at Netflix.
In this role, you will:
- Drive product innovation through robust measurement strategies across experimentation, modeling, and analytics, as well as tooling.
- Establish strong partnerships with stakeholders to shape the vision of a space, whether that is by helping determine a product strategy or define new metrics.
- Develop experimentation and measurement frameworks to increase the velocity of investments and aid complex decision-making.
- Facilitate ownership and accountability by ensuring that the team is producing trustworthy and high-quality outputs that influence the decisions and direction of member experience.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- At least four years of experience applying statistical and mathematical concepts to make decisions at scale.
- Strong statistical skills and intuition and applied experience solving problems in consumer-facing product areas.
- Expertise in SQL and statistical programming (Python and/or R).
- Passion for driving product vision and innovation strategy by leveraging a broad set of techniques and building strong partnership with stakeholders.
- Strong product sense to balance between addressing stakeholder or test-specific needs and investing in scalable solutions to serve general use cases.
- Exceptional communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to thrive with minimal oversight and process.
Netflix's culture is key to our success. We celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams, and we approach inclusion equally seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location. The overall market range for this role is typically $150,000 - $750,000. This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.