Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics
Sep 01, 2023
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
At Neo, we’re disrupting the future of finance. What matters most to us is challenging the status quo and providing a better financial future for all Canadians. We’re working everyday to reinvent the way Canadians spend, save, and grow their money - all together, in one place. We’re creating a seamless digital experience, with the modern day features you’ve come to expect. Our products speak for themselves - the Neo card was voted best cash back card in Canada and the Neo Money account was voted best bank account in Canada.
Backed by world class investors, we’ve raised $299M and are one of a few Canadian tech companies that have reached ‘unicorn’ status - valued over $1B. Check out the full story here.
Neo Financial is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics to join our team in Calgary, AB. In this role, you will be spearheading data-driven decision-making and shaping strategic insights within our fast-growing organization.
We’re looking for someone who can effectively tell a story with data and can interface with senior stakeholders across the organization up to the founder level. As a leader, you have demonstrated you can effectively grow and guide a team of data/ BI analysts and can drive impactful outcomes.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with leadership within the data and commercial teams to establish and deliver the vision for our data platform
- Manage and mentor data engineers and analysts' to develop and deploy BI analytics and data engineering solutions
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation within the group
- Be a mentor to the team to understand the media domain, relate it to the business and data strategy decision, and break down complex data and technology concepts
- Define the operating model and help support new work streams from data products, data analytics, applied insights, and other data teams
- Establish a robust data quality discipline and maintain data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, security, and compliance with relevant regulations
- Understand and design data structures to support relational, reporting, and model training
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in BI analytics, data engineering, and data management, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects
- Experience creating and maintaining dashboards that drive informed decision-making.
- Strong understanding of modern data platforms and designs - data warehouse, data lake, lake house, data mesh, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience using tools such as Looker, PowerBI, Tableau or other modern visualization tools. Expertise in data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen, with a demonstrated ability to drive operational efficiency through process automation and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Candidates must meet eligibility criteria to work in Canada and be open to relocating to Calgary.
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and redefines Canada’s financial future. It’s a serious deal, and we’re building a high performance, mission-driven, and fast-paced team that strives to make a difference in every Canadian's life. We value personal growth, autonomy, leadership at all levels, and the ability to learn quickly from mistakes. We’re a team: in it together, always. Join a world class team building truly disruptive technology, right here in the Canadian prairies.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records and credit check.