The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 70 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in over 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
The Resilient Agriculture Activity (RAA) is a two-year cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and managed by NCBA CLUSA. RAA will help mitigate increases in poverty, food insecurity, and malnutrition in the Dominican Republic caused by higher food, fuel, and fertilizer prices. RAA will do this by promoting sustainable soil fertility management and sustainable cropping practices and improved agricultural practices, such as the more efficient use of fertilizers. RAA will also support local organic fertilizer production to reduce dependence on international markets. An agriculture industry that is more efficient and less dependent on imported fertilizers will support the country’s capacity to address its food security needs domestically.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Data Analyst. This position will be in Santo Domingo. The Data Analyst will play a key role in supporting data collection, analysis, and reporting while assisting the MEL Manager and the technical team in assessing and improving program performance.
The Data Analyst will assist in data collection, analysis, and reporting processes, support the development of M&E strategies and tools, and collaborate with the team to assess and improve program performance. They will also help manage data, maintain database systems, and provide training and capacity-building in M&E practices.
The Resilient Agriculture Activity (RAA) Data Analyst is an employee of NCBA CLUSA based in Dominican Republican and reports to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager (MEL Manager).
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Be responsible for receiving, organizing, and archiving documentation related to performance indicators ensuring that incoming documents are complete and properly labeled. Categorize and sort documents to maintain an organized filing system, and securely archive documents to adhere to data retention policies.
- Assist in audits by providing the necessary documents and explanations to demonstrate compliance with established standards and procedures.
- Be responsible for scanning physical documents and securely transmit to relevant parties for remote access.
- Conduct field visits to project locations. During these visits, review and verify information to ensure that the data collected in the field aligns with established procedures and quality standards.
- Handle information by digitizing data by converting physical documents into digital formats, enter data into digital systems.
- Maintain and update the M&E database, ensuring data is stored securely and can be accessed and retrieved when needed.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual reports by assisting with data compilation, analysis, and presentation.
- Respond to inquiries and providing clarification on M&E-related from stakeholders, colleagues, and partners.
- Assist in training staff and partners on M&E processes, tools, and best practices.
- Other tasks as assigned by the MEL Manager and the Program Manager and key leadership team.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- A university degree, preferably a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Technical knowledge of agriculture, soil fertility, and fertilizer usage and production is helpful.
- At least two years professional experience relevant to the RAA project and the region.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently. Ability to work with a diverse audience.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish with ability to translate.
Please submit CV and cover letter by 21/11/2023 to:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.