Senior Analytics Engineer
Nov 19, 2023
Englewood Cliffs, NEW JERSEY, United States
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the Data & Analytics team (D&A) is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in providing NBCUniversal with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions.
We're looking for a passionate analytics expert who’s looking to build the next generation of data analytics solutions while working with internal stakeholders, data engineers, visualization experts, data scientists, and other technologists across one or more of our main subject areas. You're great for this role if you are a subject matter expert in designing end to end analytics solutions and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and deep technical knowledge. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us!
- Evaluate business value, manage the prioritization and execution of enhancements and projects, including communication to our Product partners and key stakeholders.
- Build/refresh data visualizations based on data derived from multiple sources i.e., Manipulating data, flat files, and raw information into cohesive data sets for visualization and incorporating the results into actionable insights
- Gather reporting requirements from our product partners and convert them into technical solutions that give the users access to the data in a format that highlight actionable insights
- Transform large volumes of complex data into digestible bits to enable technical/non-technical end users make data driven decisions while optimizing the user experience and adhering to branding standards
- Utilize data transformation tools like dbt & Rivery to define, update, and maintain critical business metrics
- Build visualizations that tell a story, making the best use of the canvas and leverage intuitive layouts
- Ensure proper data modeling best practices, fostering a scalable and robust data environment
- Maintain data documentation & definitions
- Define and align common KPIs across multiple functional groups, building a semantic layer usable for many areas
- Build reusable data components (building blocks) to enable efficient utilization
- Participate in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, alongside releases and deployment
- Work with key stakeholders and data engineering team to ensure quality and integrity for products delivered
- Coach and guide others within the D&A organization to build and implement best practices
- Remain up to date with latest visualizations, standards, systems and future forward tools and languages
- 5+ years of progressive experience in solution development building of data and analytics products
- 5+ years of experience with SQL or other data discovery/analysis platforms in a capacity supporting day-to-day operations
- 4+ years of experience in a business-facing analytical role and proven track record of related success
- 4+ years of experience with data visualization tools (DataStudio, Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Direct experience with data modeling, ETL/ELT development principles, cloud development, and data warehousing concepts
- You have experience in delivering self-service analytics solutions that promote data discovery
- Experience with Snowflake, Amazon Web Services, Google, or related cloud platforms a plus
- Understanding of big data technology stacks (Hive / Spark etc) is a plus
- Experience moving on prem technologies to the cloud is a plus
- Experience with Data Integration Tools (dbt, AWS Glue) is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of media including broadcast TV, digital, and mobile (specific experience with TV Distribution a plus)
- You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices
- You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $95,000 - $115,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].