We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you’ll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn’t stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We’re always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we’re backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
We are seeking a passionate data scientist to work together with the Peacock Science & Technology Fellow on critical Peacock Decision Science initiatives and to boost innovation and research in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Media Science. If you are enthusiastic about continuously learning new technologies and finding ways to quickly apply them to critical company objectives through rapid prototyping and cross-functional team collaboration, this job is ideal for you.
In this role, you will leverage a wide range of scientific methodologies, including deep learning, causal inference, reinforcement learning, generative AI, and pattern recognition. You will work closely with other data scientists and engineers to help address Peacock’s most complex business challenges. This is a high-impact role that allows you to influence research and innovation of a large organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champion research innovation and contribute to a culture of excellence in the ideation, rapid prototyping, design, analysis, and interpretation of the research results
- Effectively leverage statistics, machine learning (with an emphasis on deep learning), reinforcement learning, generative AI, and data mining, to support teams in critical business areas and tackle challenging problems with a direct impact on companies OKRs (Objective and Key Results)
- Collaborate with Data Science teams across Decision Science and Peacock’s broader business
- Manage multiple priorities across business verticals and machine learning lifecycle projects
- Contribute to improvements in machine learning lifecycle infrastructure
- An advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or another quantitative field or equivalent
- 6+ years of combined experience in research and applied data science
- Experience in leading research projects, working with stakeholders and cross teams to coordinate research
- Cloud experience, particularly in Cloud Machine Learning from AWS, Google, Microsoft, or another major cloud software provider
- Experience with deep learning, including computer vision, computational linguistics/conversational AI, or recommender systems
- Proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of Go, Scala, or Java is a plus
- Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark, NoSQL, and AirFlow
- A solid understanding of the algorithmic complexity of model training and testing
- Experience with deep learning using TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Experience with Google AI Platform/Vertex AI or similar.
- Experience in content streaming or commerce as a senior contributor to AI/ML-powered product features and user experiences
- Experience with reinforcement learning based systems
- Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale video assets
- Ability to build trust across the organization and socialize solutions and identified data insights
- Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $185,000-220,000 (bonus and LTI eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].