Data Analyst, Platform Operations
Sep 15, 2023
Universal City, CALIFORNIA, United States
Join our NBCUniversal EPIC Legal Team! EPIC symbolizes key foundational principles as we strive to be extraordinary partners to our businesses in an evolving environment. Here at NBCU Legal, we are Expert Partners who provide Inspiring and Creative solutions to our clients. We are subject-matter experts who collaborate with our legal colleagues and clients to guide, solve and push for our collective success. We inspire by bringing optimism and positivity to our work, and apply strategic and innovative thinking to support our businesses.
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Platform Operations is part of the Intellectual Property: Analytics, Operations & Technology organization (IP: AOT) within the NBCUniversal Legal Department. The IP: AOT team is responsible for developing technical solutions, providing operational copyright enforcement coverage, and analyzing piracy across various websites, marketplaces and social media platforms. Within IP: AOT, the Platform Operations team provides operational support, reporting, and insights across major social video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, TikTok & X. The Platform Operations team is responsible for providing 24-hour coverage, demonstrating expert-level knowledge on platform operations and data, as well as working with platforms to help guide in the development of their rights management tools. This role will work cross-functionally with legal, development, metadata & operational teams while also serving as the main of contact for platform-related data requests from around the business.
- Support the reporting needs of IP: AOT, as well as various brands for both enforcement and revenue operations
- Routinely audit data to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with development and engineering teams to stage data in associated databases
- Develop and maintain automated processes for data collection across various social media & video sites
- Build, publish & maintain Tableau dashboards, as well as add and organize data sources on Tableau server
- Create documentation guides and data dictionaries
- Recommend operational changes, improvements and new opportunities based on analysis of various datasets
- Participate in various ad-hoc reporting projects and business requests
- Assist in responding to reports of piracy from stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other social sciences
- 1-3 years of work experience in data analytics or other related analytical fields, with social media experience
- Advanced proficiency with Excel including pivot tables, charts and formulas
- Experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Previous experience working with YouTube Analytics, ContentID, Facebook’s Rights Manager or other similar tools
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts and recommendations into dashboards and PowerPoint decks
- Strong proficiency in creating aesthetically appealing & compelling slide decks
- Proficiency in MySQL and relational databases
- Previous experience writing macros and basic scripts
- Desire to evaluate and improve existing processes with technical optimizations
- Knowledge of intellectual property, relevant technologies, and terminologies
- Active interest in global media industry
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA or remotely
This position has been designated as hybrid; however, fully remote applicants will be equally considered. Hybrid employees generally contribute from the office a minimum of three days per week. Fully Remote employees are expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee’s residence
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].