We are looking for a skilled and motivated Analyst to join the MyFitnessPal Business Intelligence team. This individual will serve as an subject matter expert on MyFitnessPal’s key marketing focused areas of Competitive Intelligence, Marketing Brand Testing, and Partnerships. The role entails exploring data pipelines, driving analytical insights, creating dashboards, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
The Business Intelligence team at MyFitnessPal is the pulse of the business; responsible for KPIs, monitoring alerts, AB testing, data democratization, and strategic insights.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a primary contributor to the growth and analysis of our marketing channels and become a story-teller of how they move the overall business
- Provide requirements when data integrations are needed to support marketing partners to further analysis
- Perform analysis that provides measurement of marketing contribution through pre/post analysis and matched market testing
- Provide diagnostic support when results are not achieved or metrics are not reached
- Form strong relationships with marketing partners to help provide the story of how marketing efforts help the business hit the north star kpis
- Create tableau dashboard(s) when new views or data sources are needed
- Partner with various stakeholders to determine data requirements, perform impactful analyses, and communicate recommendations
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BS in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of technology industry experience within business intelligence or analytical function, ideal candidate will have at least 1 year working with AB testing and/or 1 year with reporting on lifecycle or paid acquisition datasets
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Amplitude (Looker, PowerBI, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with project management and managing relationships with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Data Engineering, etc.)
- Cultivated Curiosity - We are looking for someone who enjoys seeking the truth through data - if you ever found yourself bringing in out-of-the-box datasets and theories because you just had to figure out why a number moved, this is the job for you.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.